EVENING. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SCENARIOS IS HUGE IN THE

SENSIBLE WEATHER. WITH THE GFS SOLUTION...EXPECT HIGH TEMPERATURES

IN THE 50S AND MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES. WITH THE ECMWF SOLUTION...HIGH

TEMPERATURES WILL REACH THE UPPER 70S TO POSSIBLY LOWER 80S WITH

SPOTTY SHOWERS...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday in the extreme southwest ADKS of Fulton County it was all wet snow at about 1250 ft and above, with sticking snow above 2000 ft. So elevation seems to be the real factor ...Stowe is way north and the village there is just rain as you said.

Just when I thought it couldn't rain harder it does. Can tell daytime instability and orographic lift are together now creating summer type convective rains in the valley.

This has to be 3"/hr up above 2000-2500ft.

Torch Monday if Euro is right according to BOX

THE GFS BRINGS LOW PRESSURE ACROSS

QUEBEC FROM THE GREAT LAKES ON SUNDAY BRINGING A COLD FRONT THROUGH

SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND SUNDAY NIGHT WITH THE ECMWF 18 TO 24 HOURS

SLOWER...NOT BRINGING THE FRONT THROUGH UNTIL MONDAY AFTERNOON OR

EVENING. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SCENARIOS IS HUGE IN THE

SENSIBLE WEATHER. WITH THE GFS SOLUTION...EXPECT HIGH TEMPERATURES

IN THE 50S AND MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES. WITH THE ECMWF SOLUTION...HIGH

TEMPERATURES WILL REACH THE UPPER 70S TO POSSIBLY LOWER 80S WITH

SPOTTY SHOWERS...

Not if the 12z model is right.

I guess the tax deadline probably gets pushed out a day for those of us filing to Andover, MA again? Of course I'm last minute as usual, but going to Long Island for a few days Sunday so I'll have to have them out in the mail on Saturday regardless.

That could be a sucky headwind for the runners Monday. At least this weekend will be mild, although clouds and/or showers might ruin part of Sunday. Looks like a two day torch and then some rain possible AWT. Maybe that final low tries to approach and retorch mid week next week, but that's far out and uncertain.

Probably go from a still primarily brown winter tree-scape here to full on late Spring/early Summer down in Nassau County, LI Sunday/Monday then. We got forsythia and some daffodils from that heatwave, but that's where it ground to a halt for two weeks now.

Monday could be very warm in NYC while we have clouds in east winds in BOS, possibly. It all depends on how fast or slow the front is. Big bust potential. I'd probably lean a little on the cool side up this way, but it's close.

Wait...winter is over and you are still posting on here? lol

Can you make it to the gtg Saturday?

I think I probably can. I still cannot figure out why you guys go to Worcester when Boston is so close. I'm only here because Will promised me more snow in April.

Strange white things in the sky today?

Sea gulls?

I think I probably can. I still cannot figure out why you guys go to Worcester when Boston is so close. I'm only here because Will promised me more snow in April.

Sea gulls?

I would never promise the cranberry bogs more snow in April. You must be off your rocker.

I would never promise the cranberry bogs more snow in April. You must be off your rocker.

I don't know if I should put on my asbestos boxers in the morning in case Kev's infenro takes place, sharpen my skis based on PF's post, slit my wrist in boredom over CoastWX's posts or start building a desalinization plant so I can hoard water.

I don't know if I should put on my asbestos boxers in the morning in case Kev's infenro takes place, sharpen my skis based on PF's post, slit my wrist in boredom over CoastWX's posts or start building a desalinization plant so I can hoard water.

LOL awesome. That about sums up this thread.

Should be closing in on 2.00" of liquid for this event down in Stowe Village. It will not stop raining. Standing water in yards and fields.

A couple tourists at the hotel were saying, "wow can you imagine what this would be like if it were snow?". I busted out my phone and was like let me show you...

It was the "storm of the winter" here with 11 inches. The next biggest was 5.5" in mid January.

Bad as that is ...can't compare to the disaster winters of like 79-80 and 88-89 in the HV where I grew up. In KALB though it rivalled those years. I think they finished with around 24 inches. LOL

Who said it wouldn't work out? Did I? Lol. I will go back and check.

That was the slowest accumulating 9" ever

Archived