Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

OVC and 39 here now....

I had a nice snowy hike yesterday in the southern Dacks. Only about 25 miles north of the Mohawk River in northern Fulton County it was another world with snow and a half inch sticking to everything at 2200 feet. It was freezing at that level. Not sure what they got ultimately, but it was coming down good when I left around 2 PM. Non accumulating snow at 1500 ft and then I drove right back to mid 40's and ovc around here.

I've been getting reports of you saying unkind things about me. Be a man, say them directly to me instead of hiding and saying them behind my back.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OVC and 39 here now....

I had a nice snowy hike yesterday in the southern Dacks. Only about 25 miles north of the Mohawk River in northern Fulton County it was another world with snow and a half inch sticking to everything at 2200 feet. It was freezing at that level. Not sure what they got ultimately, but it was coming down good when I left around 2 PM. Non accumulating snow at 1500 ft and then I drove right back to mid 40's and ovc around here.

Nice Rick. Flurries here now.Not as inhospitable as yesterday.

It doesn't matter to me. I'm very happy to be rid of the mud so early. Things always even out and we'll probably get into a pattern at some point with T storms and deluges that make up the deficit very quickly.

What are the chances we don't see 1"+ before May 1st. I'd say less than 20% chance it remains that dry. Maybe 10%.

Another day brings yet again nothing but blue skies, smiling me nothing but blue skies do I see. Things are getting dire, danger lurks with every cancer stick thrown with abonden. We need weeks of sustained rain, we have passed the point of no return. Leaf out has not even happened yet, God help us, another KFS homerun.

Another day brings yet again nothing but blue skies, smiling me nothing but blue skies do I see. Things are getting dire, danger lurks with every cancer stick thrown with abonden. We need weeks of sustained rain, we have passed the point of no return. Leaf out has not even happened yet, God help us, another KFS homerun.

From one side of New England to the other... what a difference it makes. Currently looking at streams that are at bankful and it has been raining steadily, heavy at times, for over 24 hours now. No fire danger up here, but the mud is getting interesting again.

Hopefully the lawns around Fairfield CT burn to a crisp. :sun::sun::sun::sun:

I agree, I am actually not going to water anymore,and telling clients that have sprinkler systems to turn them off, its a losing battle. This way I can relax down in SC on the beach and have no worries, how about that forecast down there????!!! Sun and 80 all week, enjoy you're BD fronts miserable east winds Scooter! Perhaps you can take a dip in CCB? I am sure the water is nice and toasty.

From one side of New England to the other... what a difference it makes. Currently looking at streams that are at bankful and it has been raining steadily, heavy at times, for over 24 hours now. No fire danger up here, but the mud is getting interesting again.

Indeed, yesterday's milfburn really brought it close to home only two towns to my east. I would imagine the NG will be called in soon, thinking about planting a few cactus for clients, should be an excellent summer for them here in the tropical south coast.

I agree, I am actually not going to water anymore,and telling clients that have sprinkler systems to turn them off, its a losing battle. This way I can relax down in SC on the beach and have no worries, how about that forecast down there????!!! Sun and 80 all week, enjoy you're BD fronts miserable east winds Scooter! Perhaps you can take a dip in CCB? I am sure the water is nice and toasty.

Hey you wanted it you got it. BSE2 keeps rolling despite lawns and gardens burning up.

Hey you wanted it you got it. BSE2 keeps rolling despite lawns and gardens burning up.

Loving every minute of it! Mo money Mo money Mo money........plenty of rain coming next week with the warmth, what a spring and summer shaping up, I am shooting for 24 months in a row of above normal at BDR, this one makes 14:)

Pittsburg NH is fooking cold. The lake elevation is almost 1700' I believe.

One of the most beautiful areas in New England.

The usual iceout date for the First CT lake is the first or second week of May. The Third CT lake is about a mile south of the border and just under 2400 feet up. I don't think anyone keeps track but that lake probably has had ice on it into June before. I've seen knee deep snow in shaded areas by the Deer Mountain campground as late as May 18th. Good area for Ski MRG.

Also hands down the best area to see dozens of moose in a single evening in the spring as they come out of the hills to lick the salt off the road.

Loving every minute of it! Mo money Mo money Mo money........plenty of rain coming next week with the warmth, what a spring and summer shaping up, I am shooting for 24 months in a row of above normal at BDR, this one makes 14:)

There will be little to no rain next week, models overdone as usual this torch/dry year...going for less than .50 for the week.

-

so much for the cold and snowy/wet April that some said was incoming.... :whistle: (unless you are in northern VT)

One of the most beautiful areas in New England.

The usual iceout date for the First CT lake is the first or second week of May. The Third CT lake is about a mile south of the border and just under 2400 feet up. I don't think anyone keeps track but that lake probably has had ice on it into June before. I've seen knee deep snow in shaded areas by the Deer Mountain campground as late as May 18th. Good area for Ski MRG.

Also hands down the best area to see dozens of moose in a single evening in the spring as they come out of the hills to lick the salt off the road.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Amazing how many different climos ne has in a relatively small area

Archived