Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol this is a good forecast... I can tell it must be dumping up there because it is absolutely pouring here on the Mountain Road.

Yeah dude, up top is gonna do pretty damn well. Already 1" in the bucket at that station while only 0.10" here on the shadowed side of the state in the valley. Pretty cool.

Even some brightening of skies out this way lol

I had my GPS altimeter on the phone app yesterday on , on the way back from Massachusetts, and there's a few spots along 84 in Union/Ashford where it's over 1,000 feet. The highest elevation was in Union at 1051 feet. Pretty impressive..It's solidly above 900 feet from Sturbridge all the way down until you get to Willington in CT

Yeah dude, up top is gonna do pretty damn well. Already 1" in the bucket at that station while only 0.10" here on the shadowed side of the state in the valley. Pretty cool.

Even some brightening of skies out this way lol

At the very least, the orographic lift is providing some much needed rainfall/moisture here in the valleys surrounding the mountains. Hasn't rained like this in a long time as its been so dry.

Firehouse of moisture coming out of the flat terrain of southern Canada... this is what I like to see. Its like when SNE weenies see that firehouse coming in off the Atlantic from the SE.

I had my GPS altimeter on the phone app yesterday on , on the way back from Massachusetts, and there's a few spots along 84 in Union/Ashford where it's over 1,000 feet. The highest elevation was in Union at 1051 feet. Pretty impressive..It's solidly above 900 feet from Sturbridge all the way down until you get to Willington in CT

I think the part near Rt 190 is the highest. Goes to near 1200' just past 84.

12z GFS follows from prior runs where it's refusing to yield on the Northern stream influence... Ridge erupting in the east is therefore muted on and cut into by cold fropa D6+... The other operational guidance sort of team up against the GFS after that. GFS can't wait to ruin more of April - eh, maybe.

Until the MJO decays out of this whopper Phase 8 thing, I suppose anything is possible. But April has mean gradients everywhere being pummeled by ambient insolation increasing, and that - as partially shown in annual R-wave numbers increasing at this time of year - may statistically skew the MJO's correlation on the circulation at large.

00 GGEM had 570dm thickness to BOS for D8 or 9 though!

As long as you ignore all the terrible calls...yes.

Stand-up guy to pay up the 6 pack bet even though he's won the bet as of now. Even god country Marg probably hasn't seen 2" without looking down his pants.. I think Ryan's station should bring in the KFS asset for the weekends.

Stand-up guy to pay up the 6 pack bet even though he's won the bet as of now. Even god country Marg probably hasn't seen 2" without looking down his pants.. I think Ryan's station should bring in the KFS asset for the weekends.

I'm not taking his 6-pack if he offers it. I lost (barring a really late season event) fair and square. I do find it ironic though that his house was the place that got 2" when he was banging no snow the rest of the season. Its a moral victory and a victory in the spirit of the discussion even if I technically lost.

I'm not taking his 6-pack if he offers it. I lost (barring a really late season event) fair and square. I do find it ironic though that his house was the place that got 2" when he was banging no snow the rest of the season. Its a moral victory and a victory in the spirit of the discussion even if I technically lost.

I've posted numerous times since last weekend..that I lost the bet and will pay you. I know you typically like Lowenbrau..is that still what you'd like as your brew of choice?

...Kevin has two accounts?

Archived