Damage In Tolland

Congrats vim toot!

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CARIBOU ME

848 AM EDT SUN APR 8 2012

MEZ001-002-082100-

/O.CON.KCAR.WW.Y.0021.000000T0000Z-120409T0400Z/

NORTHWEST AROOSTOOK-NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ALLAGASH...CLAYTON LAKE...MADAWASKA...

FORT KENT...FRENCHVILLE...PRESQUE ISLE...CARIBOU...VAN BUREN...

MARS HILL

848 AM EDT SUN APR 8 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT

TONIGHT...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...WET SNOW

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...EARLY THIS MORNING INTO THIS EVENING WITH BEST

SNOWFALL RATES EXPECTED THROUGH THE EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* IMPACTS...LOW IMPACT. SNOWFALL WILL RESULT IN SOME TRAVEL

DIFFICULTIES WITH ROADS SNOW OR SLUSH COVERED AND SLIPPERY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF TRAVELING... SLOW DOWN AND PLAN EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR

DESTINATION. LISTEN TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO ALL HAZARDS OR OTHER

MEDIA OUTLETS FOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS.

&&

$$

NORTON

I wonder what its like up there. It seems like it would be cool...almost Oregon trail like except they have electricity and cars. Maybe I'm totally wrong lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK shows some snow and graupel showers maybe even to the coast on Thursday.

euro, too, I think

Yeah that could happen in the aftn for a couple of days. Models had it as an inv trough so I wouldn't rule out a steady band of precip that could be snow for someone in the higher elevations.

Yeah that could happen in the aftn for a couple of days. Models had it as an inv trough so I wouldn't rule out a steady band of precip that could be snow for someone in the higher elevations.

Yeah it looks like convective city with total-totals in the mid-50s...temps in the 40s and low 50s but quickly falling when the precipitation moves in.

Yup, just checking up on these posts of mid summer blooms from Blizz and LL. As I thought total exaggerations. Just typical early spring stirrings even here in the torchy HV. Nice to see some snow flying on the way down.

I'd figure things are well ahead of schedule but not as much as ctblizz says. It has been very much warmer than normal for a long period of time.

I'd figure things are well ahead of schedule but not as much as ctblizz says. It has been very much warmer than normal for a long period of time.

Yeah, we're not getting full leaf out like Kev claims :lol: but following the heat wave, we were a solid 7 weeks ahead of schedule without a doubt

Yeah, we're not getting full leaf out like Kev claims :lol: but following the heat wave, we were a solid 7 weeks ahead of schedule without a doubt

Things have slowed down considerably, but I feel like we are close to where we were in April 2010. Still considerably ahead of normal. If we warm for a couple of days next week...might give it another boost.

Things have slowed down considerably, but I feel like we are close to where we were in April 2010. Still considerably ahead of normal. If we warm for a couple of days next week...might give it another boost.

I was in the Bronx last night for Passover, and there were some maple trees leafed out. All of the trees have their flowers/buds in Westchester and small bushes like Privet hedges are leafed out. Magnolias are also past peak.

I don't know...up here I feel like we were greener 2 weeks ago. Absolutely nothing has changed since that heat wave even with 45-day means well above normal.

Folks also have to realize that soil moisture has a lot to do with it, and with rivers running near all-time lows, the bone dry ground may actually be retarding green up and negating the warmer temps.

Steady light snow and 38 degrees...do this all week and it'll be another week with no change in terms of green up :lol:

Just had a little mixed shower here believe it or not. Started as fat raindrops and ended as some slushy flakes.

We'll have to watch how much of a push that warmer air will have into the northeast. There's a chance it may only make a brief appearance..or barely make it at all. Then maybe front slows and we actually could get rain.

What a shock. Warm mid continent air not able to penetrate New England. It's nice to live in a cold climate.

Just ride Don S..He's hot and he's talking torch

Depends where in the east. He was a little too aggressive for this area in his update back in mid March so the pattern isn't completely stable right now. All I'm saying is that I don't see the torch signals like we had back in March. I think for our area specifically...it's not concrete. I actually hope we do torch bcause the last thing I want to see are hippies throwing frisbees and playing hacky sack in the MA while it's raw here. It certainly does not look cold to me, but it doesn't look very torchy to me either.

Weeklies are actually torch fail. I haven't looked much over the last week, but they have a nice pocket of below normal heights over us..lol. That's what you do not want to see at the end of April and early May.

Why not? We've had below normal heights the past week or so, and it's been beautiful every day in Westchester. 55-60F highs with dewpoints in the 20s and nights getting into the mid 30s, perfect cool weather for tennis and hiking but not so cold that I can't work in my garden and plant early-season crops. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy spring in spring, not July in March, and I'm loving the crisp weather lately. A few days with light rain this week to green up the landscape would be welcome even if temperatures are stubborn and remain in the 40s (high terrain) and low 50s (coastal plain). I don't see what everyone is complaining about...it's seasonable and delightful lately.

Archived