CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After tonights' showers..looks like nothing but days and days of sun wind and 50's and 60's. The absolute worst time of year if you like excitement in the wx. Let's get this month over and move onto summer.

Yeah pretty boring... looks crazy dry on Tuesday. Should be able to spread some more brush fires.

WEEKEND...

SFC HIGH PRES WITH MID-LVL RIDGING APPEARS TO BE AGREED UPON BY FCST

GUIDANCE TO BUILD EWD THRU THE RGN ALLOWING NWLY FLOW TO LIGHTEN

OVER TIME. PARTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS WITH SEASONABLE TEMPS CONTINUES

WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR

FIRE WX SPREAD.

More good news...showers drying up this evening and very little qpf expected. :sizzle:

Yeah pretty boring... looks crazy dry on Tuesday. Should be able to spread some more brush fires.

Yeah I'd imagine will be a bad week for fires as the drought worsens. Nothing but a yawner for most of April it appears. Could be worse with backdoors though. I'm sure most of us will take gusty NW flow and sun and 60-65 for early April..Beats 42 and NE winds

Good wx for tanning and yawning this week

THU/FRI/SAT/SUN/MON...

ALL GUIDANCE AND NOW INCLUDING THE 12Z ECMWF WHICH SUPPORTS DRY AND

SEASONABLY COOL WEATHER HERE...AS CLOSED MID LEVEL LOW LINGERS OVER

ATLC CANADA. AS MENTIONED ABOVE BY NEXT WEEKEND AND EARLY NEXT

WEEK THE PATTERN MAY DEAMPLIFY INTO A MORE ZONAL FLOW SUPPORTING

MODERATING TEMPS.

http://www.chasertv.com/

well, if you get too bored, check out that link...earlier today i was checking to see if anyone was chasing/livestreaming and there was someone livestreaming from a sandbar off the coast of Belize...let me tell ya, what a gorgeous day down there...blue waters, white sands, breeze through the palm trees...you could even hear the waves...some boredom sure is nice :)

Easter weekend could be nice and mild if we are lucky.

Both the Euro/GFS are now advertising some decent warmth for Sunday and possibly even beginning on Friday when the warm front passes through. Although right now though I'd be a bit worried about Friday getting to 60F or higher...the warm front doesn't look to pass through until later in the day and the warmest airmass won't be in place until after peak heating.

Both the Euro/GFS are now advertising some decent warmth for Sunday and possibly even beginning on Friday when the warm front passes through. Although right now though I'd be a bit worried about Friday getting to 60F or higher...the warm front doesn't look to pass through until later in the day and the warmest airmass won't be in place until after peak heating.

I'll welcome any coastal storm, but at this point..just give me nice weather.

Scott,

Do you know of anywhere that does archived maps of lapse rates? I can't remember which site you can do this but I've done it before and I asked you about it b/c the units were in kelvins and not Celsius and you said it's about the same as Celsius.

Archived lapse rates? Other than SPC...I don't know where you would fine that.

Kelvin is the same as Celsius in terms of the unit measure. However 0C= 273.15K. 1C would be 274.15K and so on. Absolute zero temperature where no molecules would be able to move is 0 Kelvin. As far as I know, we as humans have not been able to duplicate that.

Archived