Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the "storm of the winter" here with 11 inches. The next biggest was 5.5" in mid January.

Bad as that is ...can't compare to the disaster winters of like 79-80 and 88-89 in the HV where I grew up. In KALB though it rivalled those years. I think they finished with around 24 inches. LOL

79-80 was the worst I remember, but I lived in Foxboro then.

Since October, I only got 24" this year

Is the drought busted by a hybrid sou'easter?

He's running around twitter saying I'm calling for 1-3". Heck a half inch will be good around here. Between now and next Sunday, I don't see how many places won't see that. If I'm wrong, then so be it. People forget 0.5" rain events are decent. We aren't supposed to get 2-4" rain events like we've been used to.

The thing that is different for mid week next week is you have the Bermuda High slowly building westward with a very sharp cold front/trough moving east...this will really help to advect stronger and more rich theta-e air and higher dewpoints further northward up the east coast. There will be much more moisture available just out ahead of the front than we have seen in quite some time.

Like Scott said, it doesn't have to be a 2-4'' rain event...0.5'' to even an inch of rain is plenty

The thing that is different for mid week next week is you have the Bermuda High slowly building westward with a very sharp cold front/trough moving east...this will really help to advect stronger and more rich theta-e air and higher dewpoints further northward up the east coast. There will be much more moisture available just out ahead of the front than we have seen in quite some time.

Like Scott said, it doesn't have to be a 2-4'' rain event...0.5'' to even an inch of rain is plenty

.50 of rain over 2-3 days will do nothing except dampen the dust..One sunny windy day and we're right back where we started. We need 2-3 days of heavy soaking rains..Some are calling for that. I am not

Some

I think we'll see one day where we have periods of showers and heavier downpours but that pattern doesn't support days of heavy/soaking rains. The ridging developing over the western Atlantic is really going to weaken the front/moisture as it works eastward but we should have enough for a days worth of heavy showers.

• 2 weeks later...

After tonights' showers..looks like nothing but days and days of sun wind and 50's and 60's. The absolute worst time of year if you like excitement in the wx. Let's get this month over and move onto summer.

Fun to look back, the boredom was there for sure, until the other day, however it got warm.....really warm mid month. Now back to boring, dry southerly arctic flow and suppression depression

Archived