• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

Archived lapse rates? Other than SPC...I don't know where you would fine that.

Kelvin is the same as Celsius in terms of the unit measure. However 0C= 273.15K. 1C would be 274.15K and so on. Absolute zero temperature where no molecules would be able to move is 0 Kelvin. As far as I know, we as humans have not been able to duplicate that.

This blows...perhaps it was from the SPC site. Oh well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were lucky to get some decent precip over the weekend down here. NOw..........its back to best spring ever part 2. okx going with sunny skies today tomorrow, wed, thur, fr, sat and sun!!!! Temps between 54-61, and with this amazingly strong April sun heaven awaits.

Circle of Despair

Nah, I think things progress slowly. Night will be cold and overall temps will be chilly for 3 or 4 days. Tomorrow and then maybe this weekend will be milder.

Good news Scooteroo, I enjoy when the colors of spring are dragged out, man is the grass green down here, still zero leafout here, should be right on schedule.

Nah, I think things progress slowly. Night will be cold and overall temps will be chilly for 3 or 4 days. Tomorrow and then maybe this weekend will be milder.

Warm sunny days in 50's and 60's over the next 7 will def speed things up. Even today I noticed big diff from Friday driving in with the rain and snow. Those plants were thirsty

Warm sunny days in 50's and 60's over the next 7 will def speed things up. Even today I noticed big diff from Friday driving in with the rain and snow. Those plants were thirsty

Everything seemed to stop up here. I honestly have noticed little change since the warm temps ended. Maybe it's because of the meager amount of precip. I don't think temps are conducive for rapid growth right now.

Everything seemed to stop up here. I honestly have noticed little change since the warm temps ended. Maybe it's because of the meager amount of precip. I don't think temps are conducive for rapid growth right now.

Ditto that up here. The buds and tiny leaves hit a stalemate. My soil temp dropped nearly 10F since the last warm day to around 40F. 55/25 days won't help that climb too much this week.

A lapse rate in degC should be the same value as K.

Good...I think this is what I was trying to get at.

Now I really only wish there were archives upper air maps of lapse rates...I suppose I could also just get that program where you can edit forecast sounds (RAOB?) and that would be able to compute lapse rates.

Good...I think this is what I was trying to get at.

Now I really only wish there were archives upper air maps of lapse rates...I suppose I could also just get that program where you can edit forecast sounds (RAOB?) and that would be able to compute lapse rates.

Is there anything on the SPC mesoanalysis archive page?

So do we think that's it for snow chances? Seems to look that way

I think the door is close to shutting for good, but models still advertise a trough in the east next week. I wouldn't rule it out, but I think realistically...the chances are greatly reduced.

I wish I could fall asleep and wake up on Memorial Day.

I think the door is close to shutting for good, but models still advertise a trough in the east next week. I wouldn't rule it out, but I think realistically...the chances are greatly reduced.

I wish I could fall asleep and wake up on Memorial Day.

I consider myself very fortunate to get that snow on Saturday morning. Esp..since almost noone else saw any snow. Even if it was gone by yesterday morning.it was nice to get one last snowfall.

I'm ready for summer. 100%

I consider myself very fortunate to get that snow on Saturday morning. Esp..since almost noone else saw any snow. Even if it was gone by yesterday morning.it was nice to get one last snowfall.

I'm ready for summer. 100%

I don't really see that in the cards either. Maybe by the end of the month it changes. However, I hope we get some rain soon. These stupid 0.2" QPF events don't even wet the ground under the shrubs.

I don't really see that in the cards either. Maybe by the end of the month it changes. However, I hope we get some rain soon. These stupid 0.2" QPF events don't even wet the ground under the shrubs.

I had .20 last nite exactly. Still hasn't totally washed in the LEsco application from last weekend. with 3 events totalling around .57

I had .20 last nite exactly. Still hasn't totally washed in the LEsco application from last weekend. with 3 events totalling around .57

I just can't believe we could not buy one organized event since the October storm. Unbelievable.

Give me El Nino right about now. I don't care if I get 25" next winter...at least we'll have coastals.

Yeah it was nice to get a bit (although less than you). I was in Boston that afternoon playing with my kids in a North End Park, and my friends didn't believe me that snow fell in CT.

You have to understand Kevs everyone else is Will, Scott, Phil, Ryan. Does not count that , Collinsville, Chris M, Met Herb, Weenie Radar, Mod Fan, myself, KBC, NECT,you and others, had accumulating snow.

Looks like great sugaring weather all this week--highs in the mid 40s, lows in the low/mid 20s. Too bad that below 2k, the trees have already run their course. They are still running though up high...

I went up to Dorset, VT to stay at a B&B for a little vacation and in the southern Greens, pretty much all the sugar places down there were done for the year because the buds were out. Probably one of the earliest endings to sugaring season in many many years.

Pretty big disappointment since we were hoping to go check some of the sugaring out.

Archived