northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More heat like this will start to stress the reservoirs if we don't see a good day or two of rain soon. Drought will really start to ramp up in the summer if we don't see a pattern change here.

Drought has been one of the extremes that we have not seen until recently.

Record warmth check

Record rainfall check

Record Snowfall check

Record cold nope

Record Drought..4th driest March but not there yet compared to historical drought patterns that we have seen.

Tonight is one of those nights where the park initially cools off way faster than the rest of Manhattan. PWS just east of the park is still near 65F (and I was just running outside, seems about right), while the park is at 57F.

Edit, park just jumped back up to 59F. Not surprised.

What a beautiful day today. Does anyone here really prefer the heat that's progged over a day like this?

As William and I were discussing the other day, I think this warm winter has driven everyone insane to the point of enjoying 80 degrees year-round. For me, 80F, nevermind 90, is for Memorial Day to Labor Day. I'm good with 60s and 70s this time of year. Tomorrow will be another beauty.

Was at the driving range this evening and the damn nats are out in droves already. It's like mid summer bug wise b/c we had no hard freezes most of the winter.

These past few years have been total craziness. As a few mets stated, this warmth has been completely unprecedented and oddly enough is generally centered around the U.S. You have to imagine that the averages eventually balance out to the 30 year norms or at least closer to them, which means we should be getting some cooler than normal temps eventually. When are if that happens remains to be seen, perhaps this summer may bring cooler conditions but I doubt it.

These past few years have been total craziness. As a few mets stated, this warmth has been completely unprecedented and oddly enough is generally centered around the U.S. You have to imagine that the averages eventually balance out to the 30 year norms or at least closer to them, which means we should be getting some cooler than normal temps eventually. When are if that happens remains to be seen, perhaps this summer may bring cooler conditions but I doubt it.

I have a feeling this summer won't be as hot as the last two, but we shall see.

I don't recognize this forum anymore. Someone turn back the clock to something like 2006.

Everyone has become accustomed to springs that are actually nice. I'm not sure, but I really think climate change is beginning to become much more evident, mostly during winter and spring. April hasn't been miserable for quite some time...

I don't recognize this forum anymore. Someone turn back the clock to something like 2006.

Dude, it's spring time. People are starting to look forward to the warmer weather now just like people start to look forward to the colder weather and snow in October and November. It's really not all that unbelievable...and it has really always been this way on the forum. We're getting our first big severe weather outbreak tomorrow over the Plains...right on schedule in early April...just as things usually happen...I don't understand what all the hoopla is.

The warming is global and we certainly aren't helping it. ;)

Guest Pamela

Dude, it's spring time. People are starting to look forward to the warmer weather now just like people start to look forward to the colder weather and snow in October and November. It's really not all that unbelievable...and it has really always been this way on the forum. We're getting our first big severe weather outbreak tomorrow over the Plains...right on schedule in early April...just as things usually happen...I don't understand what all the hoopla is.

Thank God Almighty 2014 is less than 21 months away; which should put a final, unequivocal end to all this warm horsesh*t...

http://iceagenow.inf...-years-cooling/

http://www.iceagenow.com/New_Little_Ice_Age_to_Begin_in_2014.htm

http://www.gao.spb.r...index1_eng.html

Nah dude. Nobody would be begging for 90 when they were getting day after day of 60s and dry with some sunshine. Maybe Jack O. and winterwarlock would have preferred 90 over 60s. The weather we've been having IS the weather people would have been begging for because we usually get hit with either rain and clouds or too much early heat.

I would say we are close to 90% leafed out today. By Tuesday we should be 100%.

When you say leafed out you mean you see leaves on trees? If so then yes, there are very few trees that don't have at least tiny leaves on them. By Wednesday they will all be out.

Well I'll have to disagree with you there; I'm all for 90s in summer, I just don't want it this early.

I agree yesterday was ideal.

90 is just a bit too much for comfort if you like to do outdoor activities and not sweat like a pig.

Archived