northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some notes about this past March. Despite the lower 48 having easily the warmest March on record, globally; it was relatively cooler this past March than we've seen in the past few years. Not even a top 10 warmest month globally, the U.S. obviously had the greatest positive global anomaly, which really skewed the global temperatures in March.

Some notes about this past March. Despite the lower 48 having easily the warmest March on record, globally; it was relatively cooler this past March than we've seen in the past few years. Not even a top 10 warmest month globally, the U.S. obviously had the greatest positive global anomaly, which really skewed the global temperatures in March.

What's your point?

What's your point?

I was making more of a statement than a point but I guess my point would be that global warming enthusiasts should look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on one month/one region and assume our globe is in chaos mode.

I also have questions as to why our region has specifically been so warm when other places have not, is it just perfect timing/the right setup or what?

I was making more of a statement than a point but I guess my point would be that global warming enthusiasts should look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on one month/one region and assume our globe is in chaos mode.

Didn't you make the same error by only looking at one month?

The saddest sight on that map is how above normal the entire arctic/north pole appears. At least the Antarctic is mainly below.

For reference -- current global temp anomaly. Only very slightly above normal. Eastern US clearly one of the warmer regions on the globe right now (with respect to normal):

2wlyhvm.png

The saddest sight on that map is how above normal the entire arctic/north pole and Greenland appear including Alaska and Extreme Northeastern Russia (actually most of Russia). At least the Antarctic is mainly below normal w/ few hot spots.

Archived