northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you what...walk outside and hang out, throw a steak on the grill... and grab an iced coffee after...then tell me this weather doesn't kick a**. Hopefully lots of more in the future.

It is nice, but it would be nicer if we had some big boomers move through in the evening.

I'll tell you what...walk outside and hang out, throw a steak on the grill... and grab an iced coffee after...then tell me this weather doesn't kick a**. Hopefully lots of more in the future.

well were getting to that time of year so we got a shot in the next month or so to get into consistently warmer weather. My fear is though that although not immediate the east cools down for the summer and we are normal or below, not bad but id like to have some warm temps for the summer

I do not see more than 0.50" of rain from this system.

It's too early to certainly say less than 0.5" rain in my opinion, but the huge 1-2+ inch rainstorm the previous runs showed could be exaggerated. There is finally some potential here, but throughout the entire season we haven't seen many strong slow moving storms over the region like the one modeled, with the models showing such solutions in the long range before backing down by the short range, and I would think at this time that a somewhat weaker and more progressive system could be more likely than the huge storm the ECM and some GFS runs have.

I don't need it to be 90 to enjoy any of those things. You're just being selfish because you want to jump start the warming of your pool water.

It's too early to certainly say less than 0.5" rain in my opinion, but the huge 1-2+ inch rainstorm the previous runs showed could be exaggerated. There is finally some potential here, but throughout the entire season we haven't seen many strong slow moving storms over the region like the one modeled, with the models showing such solutions in the long range before backing down by the short range, and I would think at this time that a somewhat weaker and more progressive system could be more likely than the huge storm the ECM and some GFS runs have.

I can see how as we get closer to the weekend event that the amount of QPF that the models are currently showing will get less and less to the point where between 0.25 and 0.50" of QPF will fall in the entire event.

Just went on an hour bike ride around town...beautiful evening...god i want summer. I dont understand how anyone can think 80s is too warm in april...maybe you dont enjoy outdoor activities?

Absolutely in heaven

Just went on an hour bike ride around town...beautiful evening...god i want summer. I dont understand how anyone can think 80s is too warm in april...maybe you dont enjoy outdoor activities?

Absolutely in heaven

I will say it's not too bad out right now. This afternoon was downright hot, but temps are becoming more pleasant. The moderate dews help as well.

Absolutely in heaven

80s are too warm for April. I love being outdoors.

Where you are it never got a chance to get really hot. I don't know if you'd still do that hour bike ride if you were in NE NJ at around 2 -3PM.

Absolutely in heaven

Too hot for the outdoor activities I enjoy (golf and tennis). We have more than three months of 80 F+ weather to "look forward" to. I want to enjoy spring and the outdoors before it gets too hot.

Where you are it never got a chance to get really hot. I don't know if you'd still do that hour bike ride if you were in NE NJ at around 2 -3PM.

Yea i guess you might be right, peaked in the low 80's inland long island...even so, the best part of hot summer days are warm summer nights...bring on the HEAT...

Just checked the local weather stations, most places LIE-ish north hit 83-84 today, with a few spots far north shore such as locust valley and huntington at 87-88, areas south beginning around garden city stayed around 80, and then further south slowly decline to 70s...all the stations near me reported 83-84 so not sure how much hotter 90 feels when the humidity is probably higher on the island with a SW flow...but i guess 84 v. 90 is a big difference

Guest Pamela

Some notes about this past March. Despite the lower 48 having easily the warmest March on record, globally; it was relatively cooler this past March than we've seen in the past few years. Not even a top 10 warmest month globally, the U.S. obviously had the greatest positive global anomaly, which really skewed the global temperatures in March.

What's your point?

"Jetski09's" post is probably the most useful, weather related post in the last couple of pages in this thread. Since the data he posted conflicts with your agenda, you want to silence him. Silence yourself instead.

"Jetski09's" post is probably the most useful, weather related post in the last couple of pages in this thread. Since the data he posted conflicts with your agenda, you want to silence him. Silence yourself instead.

Well thank you for backing me up. All I was making is a statement that surprised me and maybe could be useful to others because I myself was wondering how our warm weather coincided with the global weather this past month and what I found interested me.

it's thinly veiled denialist rhetoric. cherry picking data points and claiming "the warming has stopped!!@!#!@" is a pastime for this crowd.

btw, europe and central asia were also warmer than normal in march:

201203.gif

i have a feeling most on this forum wouldn't be in denial if they weren't such cold and snow mongers

I think it's pretty obvious we're warming at this point... NYC and DC are having increasingly similar springs. At the very least, March and April are warming quite rapidly.

We are gradually warming, there's no denying that, but the extent of warmth over the past few months is more of an anomaly than an indication that were going into rapid warming in just the past few months. Global temperatures indicate that we just happen to be located in the warmest anomaly on the globe right now and sooner or later that will change. We'll still probably be gradually warming in the long term but the severity of the warming may not be a strong as its been lately.

We are gradually warming, there's no denying that, but the extent of warmth over the past few months is more of an anomaly than an indication that were going into rapid warming in just the past few months. Global temperatures indicate that we just happen to be located in the warmest anomaly on the globe right now and sooner or later that will change. We'll still probably be gradually warming in the long term but the severity of the warming may not be a strong as its been lately.

We're in a low solar cycle yet things seem to be accelerating. I dunno... I love cold and snow and I don't want to see our winters go away, but I'm becoming more worried that the rate of change is increasing.

This spring is obviously a huge anomaly, but we have had seriously warm springs several years in a row now... and April has warmed significantly long-term.

Archived