northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grass has just about stopped growing if you are not watering it - getting like a dustbowl out there in spots exposed to direct sunshine all day..same goes for flowering plants, bushes etc . drying out fast ........... these showers passing through tonight will be lucky to dampen the ground ..............

We've really made up for all the exciting weather in the 2009-2011 period. The past 6 months is probably the most boring period of weather I can remember. Downright painful for weather enthusiasts. Great for the boring general public who like it sunny and warm every day.

We've really made up for all the exciting weather in the 2009-2011 period. The past 6 months is probably the most boring period of weather I can remember. Downright painful for weather enthusiasts. Great for the boring general public who like it sunny and warm every day.

And on the tenth anniversary of the previous dullest winter 2001-2002. :arrowhead:

quality post about what? how i hate 90's and hope its 65 all year round?

yeah, that's some real good stuff. Oh wait that's you..

I was hoping you'd come up with something more creative so I can use one of my favorite words, "touche."

Btw 65 all year round is no good. You know when it's good? April.

I'm fine, however some thunderstorms would be nice. The monotony can get a little boring tracking-wise but I have zero complaints about the actual weather of the past 10-11 months.

New Yorkifornia > New York

I drove back and forth to Florida and didn't see a drop of rain...A first...it was dry down there also...It looks like I brought the heat with me...It was 39 degrees in Roanoke Rapids NC. this morning where I stayed over night...temperatures near Tampa were low 80's for highs and upper 50's for lows with a nice breeze...I'm used to 80 degree temperatures now so it won't feel so warm...

I'm fine, however some thunderstorms would be nice. The monotony can get a little boring tracking-wise but I have zero complaints about the actual weather of the past 10-11 months.

New Yorkifornia > New York

Yeah agreed, the past 10 months have been great. And by great I mean the worst possible weather pattern I could have ever imagined.

Coastal California weather is worse than Florida weather...at least with the latter you get good convection and tropical cyclones.

Yeah agreed, the past 10 months have been great. And by great I mean the worst possible weather pattern I could have ever imagined.

Coastal California weather is worse than Florida weather...at least with the latter you get good convection and tropical cyclones.

Coastal California is considered to have a "Mediterranean" climate but the only thing they really have in common is the summer months. Speaking to family in Europe I can tell you that the real Mediterranean climate is a lot more active and diverse than the Califonia one. Southern coastal California really is Truman Show weather.

I saw a few raindrops on my way home from work around 1030. Just enough to dirty up the car.

Thats all we got a few drops - the GFS guidance had us about .20 overnight - look for close to the same results in the near future - we are in a mini drought - dry ground - showers coming in from the west are drying out before they make it here.

The 6z GFS has the area getting close to 1 inch predicted for next weekend - seriously doubt we even get close to that........

0Z GFS shows says near blizzard conditions for Buffalo down through Western PA at Hr. 2040 with a large 991mb cutoff low just to our north.

At hr. 216 GFS has us joining in the fun with backside snow as the system begins to move into Canada. :rolleyes:

Its the GFS - been showing this sort of nonsense all winter and spring so far past about 6 hours - actually more like past 144 hours...........

Archived