northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking ahead to another NYC record in danger of being broken - Seasonal Heating Degree Days - July 1st to June 30th. The current record is from 2001-2002 for fewest degree days 3887 we currently have 3420 through April 9 - going to be close....

Seasonal Totals Link

http://www.erh.noaa....ingdegdays.html

Current NYC Climate Report

http://kamala.cod.ed...1.NYC.KOKX.html

Oil companies must use this information in figuring out how much heat people use and what rates they are going to charge for their product.. Since we had such a warm winter, you'd think that since demand is down, oil prices would eventually drop some..

However, we know- there are external factors, like IRAN that we have to worry about etc..

Looking ahead to another NYC record in danger of being broken - Seasonal Heating Degree Days - July 1st to June 30th. The current record is from 2001-2002 for fewest degree days 3887 we currently have 3420 through April 9 - going to be close....

Seasonal Totals Link

http://www.erh.noaa....ingdegdays.html

Current NYC Climate Report

http://kamala.cod.ed...1.NYC.KOKX.html

Oil companies must use this information in figuring out how much heat people use and what rates they are going to charge for their product.. Since we had such a warm winter, you'd think that since demand is down, oil prices would eventually drop some..

However, we know- there are external factors, like IRAN that we have to worry about etc..

A reason will always be found to keep oil prices up. Even if not one location in the northern hemisphere recorded a temp below 60 ever again, something would be found as an excuse to keep the price high. I live my days assuming that 4 dollar gas is a good deal. Because I know down the road 5 dollar gas is around the corner.

12z NAM has 60F at 18z as the high...we might survive another few hours. But I agree that clouds are going to get in here as soon as the convective temp is reached...and we could also see some showers/weak storms.

Soundings off regular NAM shows 54 degrees for NYC at 18z.

Is your number based off the higher res NAM or is it a 21z number? I'm waiting for the 3 hour soundings to update to see 21z temps.

Soundings off regular NAM shows 54 degrees for NYC at 18z.

Is your number based off the higher res NAM or is it a 21z number? I'm waiting for the 3 hour soundings to update to see 21z temps.

Higher resolution NAM off E-Wall ... 60 F contour gets into Newark and S shore of LI..looks like it just misses NYC.

Turn out to be a nice afternoon imby....no rain....just dry for this time of year

We are in a Very DRY pattern since January in NYC - in fact a top 5 so far with only 6.11 inches the other 4 years where it was as dry or dryer were 1957, 1985 ,2002 and 2009 . The way guidance is looking there is no end in site to this dry weather and by the end of April we could be very close to the number 1 so far stay tuned ......

Hows the warm weather forecast for monday shaping up? Still game for it or no? Wanna finally have a nice day off for once :)

guidance is showing some areas could approach 80 but looks mainly 70's in NYC Metro then another cool down to near normal - 90 degree temps this April looks unlikely

0z euro has a high of 68-70 on Saturday, 76-78 on Sunday and 83-85 for Monday.

Monday has potential to be even warmer and a pretty humid day as well. Depends on how far north the front can go.

Looks like a 3 day torch with well above normal temps.

Bring on the warmth cant wait for the warm weather to finally be here for my days offs. Its like a god sent gift lol. Does there look to be any marine influence? Looks like from that much it would be kept to a minimum

The Euro is going with a really warm downslope flow for Monday which would probably dry out the front as it comes through.

Archived