12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and that follows the trend of what we have seen pretty much all year long, except last weekends storm

rain looks like a big bust today, should be able to get a full day of work in.

Looks like next week will be a nice and warm one. This weather sucks these past few days and the next 3-4 days.

and that follows the trend of what we have seen pretty much all year long, except last weekends storm

rain looks like a big bust today, should be able to get a full day of work in.

We work till 8 yesterday because of the forcast for today....looks like a full day of work today

Your gonna have 5 months of constant heat starting next week so chill. I'm enjoying the cooler weather, it's been way too warm lately.

It will warm next week, but we have to be careful that it doesn't get ruined by rain and clouds (which the euro and other models have).

Also, the NAO is negative to neutral right now and is forecasted to turn negative again past day 8 by the ensembles.

Not a single drop of rain here in the first half of the day, although some models still show light rain with the second round currently in PA. The rainstorm on Sunday definitely helped but we're going to need more than that to get back to normal, the area is still under D1/D2 conditions. There's supposed to be some scattered showers late next week that may also limit the warmth potential, but there doesn't appear to be any significant rain through the medium range.

post-1753-0-90277800-1335473164.png

18z NAM continues its wintry look for the NW burbs this weekend. Actually increased qpf as well..

Looks like it has moderate snow for the further NW areas (don't know about accumulations), even ending as flakes near the immediate suburbs. I find it hard to trust the NAM though given how often it exaggerates snow events in its medium-long range and that at this time it's the northernmost model.

post-1753-0-88209200-1335475469.gif

Should be interesting when the Hi Res NMM and ARW come into range... because the differences with the NAM and GFS are simply ludicrous. The radar presentation at hour 48 looks relatively impressive for the precipitation event.

http://www.meteo.psu..._12z/rad48.html

The Euro keeps us mostly dry on Sunday also. Same as the GFS.

I've seen the NAM score coups before, but I doubt it this time.

The Euro keeps us mostly dry on Sunday also. Same as the GFS.

I've seen the NAM score coups before, but I doubt it this time.

From what I've seen many times, when the NAM is much more organized, wetter and further north than the other models especially with fast moving waves of low pressure like this one, it tends to cave in. It also did the same thing with the March 31 potential. The best example of a NAM coup I can think of is January 11-12, 2011 when it had up to 2 feet of snow in parts of CT while the global models were too dry/east, although it doesn't happen frequently.

Guest Pamela

Your gonna have 5 months of constant heat starting next week so chill. I'm enjoying the cooler weather, it's been way too warm lately.

As long as I've lived on Long Island...May seems much more often than not to be anomalously cool just as often as September tends to be anomalously warm...

As long as I've lived on Long Island...May seems much more often than not to be anomalously cool just as often as September tends to be anomalously warm...

You'd be correct that September has been warmer than May with respect to normals in recent years. Although, May is still very slightly above normal for 2000-2011.

2000-2011 September:

2hg6yo1.png

2000-2011 May:

29m4s1y.png

Archived