joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we really need(ed) some rain here, PF. It's been scary dry, so I for one am happy for the water.

Not much so far--0.22" but it's still raining now and the radar looks like we'll eek out some more.

Oh I agree.. we need the rain but not for my interests at this point ;) Once the skiing is done, let it rain, haha.

Here's a shot from yesterday of Mount Washington. From one state's highest peak to another...

IMG_3824_edited-1.jpg

wonder if sugarloaf or saddleback scored some snow today....850's had a nose near zero SW back toward Western maine

I know northern Maine was getting some snow, Drove by Sugarloaf yesterday on my way to Eustis, What a disaster the snow took a beating last week in all that heat lot of bare spots and rocks showing up on all the trails on the mountain

I'd really love to wake up at 4:30am and get to the mountain at 5am to the sight of falling flakes and a white coating.

FEEL THE

COMBINATION OF DEVELOPING NW FLW OF 25 TO 35 KNTS...LLVL CAA

HELPING TO SQUEEZE OUT ADDITIONAL MOISTURE...AND SOME 1000 TO

700MB RH/OMEGA....WL PRODUCE A PERIOD OF SCATTERED RAIN CHANGING

TO SNOW SHOWERS TONIGHT. WL MENTION LOW CHC POPS VALLEYS WITH

LIKELY POPS ACRS THE DACKS/MTNS...WITH SOME LIGHT SNOW

ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. BTV4 AND NAM12 SHOW QPF AMOUNTS BTWN 0.05

AND 0.15 ACRS THE HIGHER TRRN...WITH ONLY A FEW HUNDREDTHS IN THE

VALLEYS. THINKING A DUSTING TO AN INCH OR SO WL BE POSSIBLE ABOVE

1500FT BY MONDAY MORNING.

Tonight: Rain showers likely before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 1am and 3am, then a chance of snow showers after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Breezy, with a west wind between 16 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Monday: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 10 by 4pm. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 21 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Looks like highs will occur at midnight tonight for a lot of the north country with CAA ongoing tomorrow with the core of the cold at 850 occurring tomorrow evening with temps near -18C.If we have clear skies, temps at the summits will be below zero with lower elevations pushing 10-14F.

Winter looks to be back for at least the next week, if not two. We may not see much snow, but these next 2 weeks will definitely have its colder moments. Bye bye nice weather :(

Looks like highs will occur at midnight tonight for a lot of the north country with CAA ongoing tomorrow with the core of the cold at 850 occurring tomorrow evening with temps near -18C.If we have clear skies, temps at the summits will be below zero with lower elevations pushing 10-14F.

Winter looks to be back for at least the next week, if not two. We may not see much snow, but these next 2 weeks will definitely have its colder moments. Bye bye nice weather :(

Could be 45-50F cooler 00z tomorrow vs. last Monday for a lot of folks. (25F vs. 70F)

Monday Night

Mostly clear. Colder with lows around 16. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph...diminishing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

I fear this is going to wreck my crabapple which has tiny leaves now. :(

The warmth has had some odd effects on plants. Tiny leaves on crabapples and some maples are in full flower, yet my daffodills are an inch tall and crocuses haven't bloomed. My pool is still half frozen.

Wet snow out there, was mixed with rain a little while ago but now mostly small wet flakes.

34F

BTV and SLK reporting -SN.

1,500ft is showing 31F and 25F at 4,000ft. Maybe its sticking up there? Going to find out soon.

Finally a moist WNW flow into the mountains with air cold enough for snow...

Snowin' out. Not accumulating, but snowing all the same.

Monday Night

Mostly clear. Colder with lows around 16. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph...diminishing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

I fear this is going to wreck my crabapple which has tiny leaves now. :(

The warmth has had some odd effects on plants. Tiny leaves on crabapples and some maples are in full flower, yet my daffodills are an inch tall and crocuses haven't bloomed. My pool is still half frozen.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the cold nights & wind do to the emerging vegetation. The apples here haven't done much but the crabs, like you mention, have some very small leaves coming out and our lilac's buds are quite fat and swollen as are the pear trees. Time'll tell.

We got a coating of snow last night. The roads and the stones on the patio are snow free but the cars and grass have a coating. Still snowing lightly and very windy- it keeps blowing one of our gates open.

Very similar to scene in my neck of the woods as well. Feels nice for a day or two but last week got me primed for warm weather. I am ready to put this past winter behind me.

Yesterday and this morning were just what I expected when the wx cooled toward seasonable, RA and 38-40. We got a whole 0.10" between yesterday and this morning, so the dreary wx did very little to ameliorate the dryness other than a slight moistening of the leaves (which a couple hr of dry wind will bring back to crispy.) Lows may be 10 or cooler IMBY tonight; nothing much out my way to freeze-kill, but I noted a large black willow in AUG that had begun to green up. They're tough against cold, but teens might test that toughness.

Long Pond in Belgrade was clearing off in last Friday's wind, totally ice free this morning, 1st time I've seen it clear in March. Maybe it will ice over tonight if the wind dies soon enough. The warmth and tiny rain brought out the worms on the sidewalks outside my AUG office, usually a sure sign of spring having sprung, but I've never seen that in March before, either.

Edit: forgot to note the quacking of wood frogs Sat evening, another first for March.

Just noticed that ties this season's snowfall total with the 2009-2010 season.

Nice! Yeah 2009-2010 will still go down for me as one of the worst snowfall seasons we've seen in a long time. I don't know what it was with that year but I hated it. At least this year we had solid snow cover for like 9-10 weeks during the heart of winter.

There was only 0.1" when I left town this morning, but 0.4" sounds about right given the web cam down there right now...

Interesting little storm developing for Thursday. Per NAM guidance the higher terrain of VT certainly could see a 2-4 inch wet snow event.

Yeah should be interesting...

Still snowing surprisingly nicely on the mountain. Easy 2" on stuff that was groomed first shift.

Got some shots of Greg enjoying the fresh. Tyro is the trail of the day. The Lookout Double is not my favorite lift.

Could be 45-50F cooler 00z tomorrow vs. last Monday for a lot of folks. (25F vs. 70F)

I think it could even be worse than that! We are already down to 25F and the core of the cold comes in tonight around 0z, which could result in temp plummeting to near 15F by 0z. 60F difference, crazy!

We hit our high at midnight, 42F! LOL

easily the worlds worst march 26th.

well, i completely enjoyed the warm weather, but so did my blueberry bush...it is loaded with buds...and now the month of march is returning with a vengeance...lows in the mid 20's the next two night...

do you think if i put a trash bag over my blueberry bush i can save it? i'm getting a bit panicky over what to do :(

Archived