joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 2.5 inches overnight but it had a tough time sticking to the roads and even the gravel driveway. Heard on the news this morning that a few towns just to my north picked up 5".

Nice, Wet spring storm, Unless it really rips it has a tough time accumulating on pavement

Had 1.2" fall 7P-5A, with some nasty spots on Rt 27, especially as one starts down the SE side of Mile Hill, just N of the Rome/New Sharon line. That shady stretch always is best at catching/holding snow in these marginal events. No precip at home when I left at 7A, but I drove back into -SN (not showing up well on radar) about at Hammond Lumber in Belgrade, and only 1/4" OG here in AUG, with a few flakes still swirling around. Total of 2.2" for yest and today boosts this winter past 99-00 and 02-03 into 10th place of 14 winters IMBY. Another 5" would pass 01-02 and 03-04 and be almost a median season, though still 15" below the avg. I'd give a 10% chance of getting that 5".

Snow globe flurries.... big flakes floating around but definitely not going to accumulate with 10sm vis.

Mountain looks a bit more obscured so maybe a few thousand feet up this is a little heavier and maybe a coating could come out of it. Looks like almost virga here in the valley. Above 2,500ft or so it looks like vis is reduced a lot more.

light snow falling in stowe around 800' ...ye olde english inn. took a nice walk out back....i like that it's the most elevated place within a 1/2 mile (yes i'm sick)

radar upstream looks decent......perhaps a moose farted in the woods and set off the n. greens upslope machine

gf is shoppin downtown. i wish there were some higher elevation in my immediate walking area. the worcester range is shrouded in snow

light snow falling in stowe around 800' ...ye olde english inn. took a nice walk out back....i like that it's the most elevated place within a 1/2 mile (yes i'm sick)

radar upstream looks decent......perhaps a moose farted in the woods and set off the n. greens upslope machine

:lol:

Radar is indicating moisture is on the increase and you can tell as the snows picked up a little bit in town. Visibility is now more like 3 miles instead of the 8-10 mile flurries we've had all day.

This does look promising for at least a coating once the sun goes down. I'm down to 32.5F at my place. I'm up the mountain road like a mile or two from you right now towards the mountain. I noticed some snow sticking to the leaves and base of trees around 950ft this afternoon up at Topnotch. It should be able to stick here once the sun goes down if we can get a few good bursts.

It looks pretty cool outside right now. As mreaves said, it looks like around 2000ft is all frosted up. Starting to even accumulate down here as the sun goes down.

Yeah there was a very low ceiling last night from the lingering moisture after those rain showers moved through and then the cold air moved in. The rime line was pretty close to or just above 2,000ft on Mansfield today.

Ski picture shows the rime on all the trees. Really scenic and at least makes it seem a little less depressing with dark, dreary skies all day spitting flakes.

powder freak i spent a couple hours at topnotch today ....nice whirlpool w. cascading waterfall ....massage like falls and funny i noticed the few white flakes around the base of a tree as i began to pull in back toward norma's parking early this pm

but ya it at least looks nice now and it's startin to gather at the v shaped base in the roofs ....but nothin much.....i thought dryer air would have cut this off by now but you always say it ends later than forecast

powder freak i spent a couple hours at topnotch today ....nice whirlpool w. cascading waterfall ....massage like falls and funny i noticed the few white flakes around the base of a tree as i began to pull in back toward norma's parking early this pm

but ya it at least looks nice now and it's startin to gather at the v shaped base in the roofs ....but nothin much.....i thought dryer air would have cut this off by now but you always say it ends later than forecast

LOL, when were you there? I was at the gym downstairs at the Topnotch Spa from like 1-2pm... wonder if we passed each other walking around the spa area.

Hey if you're up on Saturday morning and skiing, let me know and we can take a run together if you want. Its always nice to put a face to the name. I can PM you my cell number... I'll be working and in uniform so its not hard to miss a guy in a blue Stowe jacket with a radio squawking and a backpack/camera.

Getting steadier here now too--even stacking up a little bit on the deck.

Light snow falling and the mountains between my place and Allenson looked frosted from about 2000' up. 32F in Barre.

Nice--I didn't have a view that direction in my travels today but good to hear. Seasonable is just fine in my book.

I love rime. Too bad I didn't see any. I was near Cube, Smarts & Moose in NH which range from 2200-3200' but they were socked in and there was nothing to see.

Starting to see a little bit more steady snow up by the mountain. Its been obscured from my view for the past hour and the radar shows light to almost moderate snow occasionally moving through that area.

Mansfield is obviously blocking the beam on this lower level radar scan (Mansfield causes the dead zone west of "Morrisville") but looks like some decent steady light snow now.

Web cam showing a fresh coating down in the base area.

Getting steadier here now too--even stacking up a little bit on the deck.

Nice--I didn't have a view that direction in my travels today but good to hear. Seasonable is just fine in my book.

I love rime. Too bad I didn't see any. I was near Cube, Smarts & Moose in NH which range from 2200-3200' but they were socked in and there was nothing to see.

One of the great things about living here are the views I get everyday. On the way to work I get the view of the Greens and Worcester Range and on the way home it's the Knox Range and Orange Heights. It never gets old. Oh yeah, little bit od accumulation on the deck.

LOL, when were you there? I was at the gym downstairs at the Topnotch Spa from like 1-2pm... wonder if we passed each other walking around the spa area.

Hey if you're up on Saturday morning and skiing, let me know and we can take a run together if you want. Its always nice to put a face to the name. I can PM you my cell number... I'll be working and in uniform so its not hard to miss a guy in a blue Stowe jacket with a radio squawking and a backpack/camera.

i was there from about 1245 to 230. did many round of pool to whirlpool w/ some sauna thrown in to loosen up the muscles.

i'm DEF gonna be there saturday morning.....yes pm me your cell plz and it would be nice to take a run.

still non accum ..fatter flakes here at the ye olde inne (w. occ. gaupel) ....nice to see shot of mtn base white

Snow and grapuel mixed here. 31F looks like 0.1" already and its coming down pretty good.

Snow level right at 900-1,000ft right now. No accumulation and 34F at 750ft and 31F here at 1,100ft.

Upon closer inspection, the mid levels are very warm for any good snow growth. 850's are currently -7C and 700mb is -11C, with ongoing CAA, so if these snow showers persist, the flakes should gradually get nicer.

Snowing here in Peacham (1288 feet or so), ground getting white

I'm surprised BTV only has like a 20-30% chance of snow showers for tonight... I'd imagine most of northern VT is starting to turn white now that the sun is down and a steady light snow has developed. This is mostly low level snow so the radar beam gets above it by the time its out your way, but if you are snowing and so is Allenson and mreaves, I'd be pretty much all of the northern third of VT is seeing a steady light snow now.

Of course with the exception of Burlington...

I was down at the Burlington Waterfront all morning, and it snowed the whole time, although there was no accumulation due to marginal temperatures. The snow let up during the middle of the day, but then picked up again toward evening. Here at the house we’ve had continued snowfall through the evening as well. It hadn’t been accumulating earlier, but the flakes are pretty large now (up to ~3/4” diameter) and the temperature has dropped enough that it’s starting to get white on some surfaces. I checked the snowboard and it had 0.2” of slushy snow on it as of ~8:00 P.M.

Archived