• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

I've been crazy busy all day as I near my Spring break this Friday. After pouring over some data it looks rather 'meh' to me for snow chances outside the highest terrain.

Currently 29F with increasing clouds coming in from the northwest. Some one might get lucky in the higher elevations and sneak in a few inches total by Thursday morning, but with the late March sun, almost nothing will stick during the daytime unless there is some crazy weenie banding sets up which is basically not happening as the vortmax passes right over us.

It actually looks to be rain at most elevations at closer inspection with 850's above zero and the surface being in the lower 40s. Once the sun sets tomorrow and the low tracks to our southeast, there may be a period of snow and then some upslope enhancement on NW facing slopes which could amount to a few inches in the highest terrain. We may wet bulb down into the mid to upper 30s if we can get any heavier rates due to the dry mid and lower levels.

Tomorrow is going to be one of those days where you really hate being in NNE in early spring, featuring rain and snow showers that amount to nothing and temps in the upper 30s to low 40s.

speak for yourself sir. going on day 6 in NYC. would gladly trade blue bird days in the concrete jungle with those conditions in NNE. Folks down here adjust activity choices because of the wind.

nice pine cones Allenson. Must have been some tree to leave fir treee size cones on the ground :)

been cold at home, 8F yesterday with a NW wind at sunrise, woodstove back to work per the better half

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I can't stop looking at that snow pic...that's what winter dreams are made of.

LOL, yeah, that was a heck of a run we had that year (07-08). That shot was taken on 2/10/08 and looking back through my records, I reported 42" ot the ground that day. Heavy heavy snowpack.

The snowbanks got so high that year along our road/driveway, it was sort of like living in this long skinny tunnel.

The very next day I took this shot looking out our sunroom. And I should note that the floor of the sunroom is two feet or so above the ground level outside.

2326219467_94befc2c9c.jpg

Wow nice! just a few stray flurries up this way this morning but winter weather advisories are up and 3-6" is the forecast for tonight up this way. Point and click gives me 4-5. Maybe I was a little premature taking the snow blower off the tractor and storing it for summer. :snowing:

Few tenths of snow to whiten things up at bit overnight. So Im at 66" and change for the season.

Now Im curious if the town sanded and salted to mess up all the clean streets that were finally clean of the stuff? I hate when they do that. It will sit now for weeks until the next big rain washes it away. Was so nice to finally have it off the roads

post-268-0-86370600-1332937467.jpg

Had 0.5" of 25:1 fluff. "Jackpot" appears to be central Cumberland, as GYX reported 2" at their office and one cocorahs report had 2.8". Closer to home, Temple (10 mi. WNW) had 1.0" and Mt.Vernon (10 mi. S) reported 1.5". Some slick roads on Mile Hill, and one car in the ditch along Rt 2 in New Sharon - road was just wet when I came thru, but was probably messy at 4-5 AM when the snow was accumulating.

Had 0.5" of 25:1 fluff. "Jackpot" appears to be central Cumberland, as GYX reported 2" at their office and one cocorahs report had 2.8". Closer to home, Temple (10 mi. WNW) had 1.0" and Mt.Vernon (10 mi. S) reported 1.5". Some slick roads on Mile Hill, and one car in the ditch along Rt 2 in New Sharon - road was just wet when I came thru, but was probably messy at 4-5 AM when the snow was accumulating.

I had reported my 0.8" that we received here, Maybe we see the same tonight or closer to 1" no big deal anyways

lol .. .yeah, well good luck to those up north. It's useless snow, but I always like watching it fall.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Though I'll admit that snowfall that results in zero accum comes close...

Some of that non-accum -SN last 1-2 hr here in AUG, and radar showed some imressive echoes up around Bigelow Mt, even some 20-25 dbz for MBY.

Archived