joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah looking at some of the 12z data, it looks like this weekend will still above average (especially Saturday). Average highs for this weekend run from 42F-45F across the region and i think Saturday will be in the low 50s, and Sunday near normal or slightly above.

Looking beyond that, next week could end up being cooler than normal with highs in the 30s (ew), but beyond that trough behind the departing system, it looks to warm back up into the 50s and perhaps 60s by the end of next week.

I think a solid spring pattern will be hard up here, but we are definitely entering a time where we could have extended days in the 50s and maybe 60s, but then get back doored into the 30s and 40s for a few days as well. Roller coaster ride in temperatures for sure as we head forward toward spring.

It looks to flip flop a bit temp wise over the next couple of weeks, A lot of the lakes around here are already ice free which is real early, Our golf course that i belong to is shooting for a Mar 30th opening, That would be the earliest i have seen and i have been a member their for over 27 yrs

Pretty impressive contrast around the lake right now. These stations are all within about 5 miles of each other.

Gilford: 69

Weirs 55

Welch Island: 46

Amazing what a little lake breeze can do. I hike Mt Major a couple years ago when we had that April warm spell at the beginning of the month (2010). When I reached the bottom, away from the lake, it was 80 degrees, but whenever the lake was in sight of the road, it quickly dropped into the 60s. Fun stuff!

Had 77/29 yesterday, extending Sunday's MBY record for March by another 3F, and back to 33-34 this morning. Farmington's record for 3/20 is 79 in 1903, also their tops for March, and as they're often a couple degrees milder than here, they may have reached/beaten that one. If not, probably today.

49 for the low overnight. Sunday was 78.3, Monday 78.1, and then 81.1 yesterday. There is a bit of fog down here in the valley today but it looks like it will burn off quickly today. We have no more patches of snow at the house, 4 crocuses (or is it croci) are out and many daffodils and other bulbs are quickly growing too.

LOL that's identical to what I've had. Three days of 77-78 highs.

If we get some highs in the 30s at all that will feel like a shock. Two nights in a row I've slept with windows wide open.

The real question PF is will you get another 5 day stretch of temps in the upper 70s ALL summer? It's possible given your location that you will not.

Today's record max for BTV is 68. They were 67 at 9:54. Going out on a limb here and will predict that record falls.

yesterday's records from BTV

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT BURLINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN

BURLINGTON REACHED 80 DEGREES. THIS IS A NEW RECORD HIGH

TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH 20TH. THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE

FOR THE DATE WAS 70 DEGREES WHICH WAS SET IN 1903. IN

ADDITION...THE 80 DEGREE READING RECORDED TODAY AT BURLINGTON WAS

THE EARLIEST OCCURRENCE OF 80 DEGREES IN A GIVEN CALENDAR YEAR IN

THE HISTORICAL RECORD...WHICH DATES BACK TO 1883. THE PREVIOUS

EARLIEST OCCURRENCE OF 80 DEGREES WAS ON 3/29/1945. IT IS ALSO

ONLY THE 6TH OCCURRENCE OF AN 80 DEGREE DAY IN MARCH IN THE

HISTORICAL RECORD.

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT KNAPP STATE AIRPORT IN MONTPELIER REACHED

78 DEGREES. THIS IS A NEW RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH 20TH.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE WAS 62 DEGREES

WHICH WAS SET IN 2010.

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT MASSENA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT/RICHARDS

FIELD IN MASSENA NEW YORK REACHED 79 DEGREES. THIS IS A NEW RECORD

HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH 20TH. THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH

TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE WAS 66 DEGREES WHICH WAS SET IN 1976.

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT MOUNT MANSFIELD REACHED 62 DEGREES. THIS

IS A NEW RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH 20TH. THE PREVIOUS

RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE WAS 51 DEGREES WHICH WAS SET

IN 1976.

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT SAINT JOHNSBURY REACHED 78 DEGREES. THIS

IS A NEW RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH 20TH. THE PREVIOUS

RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE WAS 75 DEGREES SET IN 1903.

Montpelier now at 73, already 19 degrees above their previous record max for today. I find it hard to believe the max record was only 54 however.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BTV&issuedby=BTV&product=RER&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

MPV (KNAPP STATE AIRPORT IN MONTPELIER VT)...66F CURRENTLY WITH PREVIOUS

RECORD OF 54F IN 2003.

82 outside now but the bad part is its 78 inside the house and im not about to put an ac in the window in March so ill just have to deal. Just absurdly early to be uncomfortable inside the house.

lol, I thought about that yesterday, Just left a couple of windows open, Did not take long after sunset for it to cool back down pretty quickly

lol, I thought about that yesterday, Just left a couple of windows open, Did not take long after sunset for it to cool back down pretty quickly

Exactly, I actually woke up around 300 this morning and had to shut most of the windows around the house as it was about 52 degrees inside. Wish I still had some of that air left right now. Had i known the dog days of Morch were going to be this warm I might have thrown the ac in for a week, but I can't see digging it out for just 24 hours of usage. Although it really isn't getting any cooler in my house. 79 in here now 82.8 outside

Warmest day here so far--76 for a high, back down to 74 now.

Exactly, I actually woke up around 300 this morning and had to shut most of the windows around the house as it was about 52 degrees inside. Wish I still had some of that air left right now. Had i known the dog days of Morch were going to be this warm I might have thrown the ac in for a week, but I can't see digging it out for just 24 hours of usage. Although it really isn't getting any cooler in my house. 79 in here now 82.8 outside

Just got home after leaving the house closed up this morning. 12 degrees cooler in the house than out. ;)

-SN here, We have a dusting on the ground 32.0F, Short lived before the ongoing torch, I have mentioned to a few folks around here that i would not be surprised if we get a big dump either the end of the month or the 1st weeks into April, That would just be fitting end to this mediocre winter

Next Saturdays euro......... :lol:

Up around 80 here, up from this morning's 33. Some mini-cumulus puffs drifting by. The car thermometer showed temps cycling between 81-84 as we drove west between BGR and New Sharon, while the bank temps were 84 in Skowhegan and 85 in Norridgewock. TDs in Maine are mostly near 40, some in low 30s (and the far north close to 50), so barring some change, I expect the temp here to tumble again tonight, though maybe not lower than 40 or so. GYX has us for low 50s overnight, but my frost pocket location runs 5F+ below the zone forecast when radiational cooling is good.

Kennebec is high and muddy, but way below flood and will stay that way. I've heard that the St. John and tribs have some ice jam issues - even with a mild winter and these warm temps, such an early ice run means pretty solid stuff heading downriver.

Hauled the gas grill around from under the back porch. Never did that in March before, and rarely in April.

Archived