joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dave i go to plymouth state university for soundings.....the skew graph for you locals like ORH/FIT seem good fits ..esp to monitor the sneaky warm layer that maybe around 750-800mb level. just follow the 0c line side ways on the graph (up and to the right) and hope your temp profile line doesn't puncture thru the 0c level, i believe

dave i go to plymouth state university for soundings.....the skew graph for you locals like ORH/FIT seem good fits ..esp to monitor the sneaky warm layer that maybe around 750-800mb level. just follow the 0c line side ways on the graph (up and to the right) and hope your temp profile line doesn't puncture thru the 0c level, i believe

It seems I need a refresher on these every 30 days or so. Wiz, Ginx, Scooter, Ryan (weatherMA) I think have shown this to me several times.

Temp profile is the red one, correct? If so, both KFIT and KORH are all below the 0C for both the NAM and GFS

But it is raining here attm...31.5F

33.7/28.8 with not much going on right now. Hopefully the mid levels stay cool enough and I don't end up with a sleet fest by 1C.

Check that. 33.5F with some -DZ. This is obviously occuring in the very low levels where it isn't cold enough for nucleation...there isn't anything on radar near here either.

Check that. 33.5F with some -DZ. This is obviously occuring in the very low levels where it isn't cold enough for nucleation...there isn't anything on radar near here either.

I had some pretty dense drizzle for the last hour and a half with nothing on radar either. Not in Concord today? Although nothing freezing that I could tell.

Just looking outside, I can see the low level clouds streaming in from the east, drizzle must be from onshore flow in the very low levels because the radar is coming from the southwest.

It seems I need a refresher on these every 30 days or so. Wiz, Ginx, Scooter, Ryan (weatherMA) I think have shown this to me several times.

Temp profile is the red one, correct? If so, both KFIT and KORH are all below the 0C for both the NAM and GFS

But it is raining here attm...31.5F

nice bands of precip firing off the South and west......maps didn't have any accums till after 5pm for your area so ...i'd just watch the radar and hope for a QPF fest later.....this situ is explosive

I had some pretty dense drizzle for the last hour and a half with nothing on radar either. Not in Concord today? Although nothing freezing that I could tell.

No...I have the day off. This drizzle is saturating things up and wetbulbing down to near freezing. 33.2F now with 85% RH. This should be plenty cold later if the mid levels will cooperate.

Just had some echoes come through here and is sadly nothing but ugly, old, unadulterated rain. No ice pellets or anything. My surface temperature is 33° F, but there is probably a thin layer of subfreezing wet bulbs just above the surface and below the warm layer, but it isn't enough to freeze the drops. I'm hoping the cold air may catch the backside of the precip and we get a period of snow from the secondary somewhere between 00Z and 03Z, although hope this winter has been futile.

dave looks like the warm layer gets worse and worse for you at 750-825 mb thru 9pm pm till mid levels temps crash around 3z (10pm)

at least taking a peak at the ORH/FIT sounding off the 12z nam. so for the 10pm period remember you wanna look at the 15 hr soundings. (12z) 7am plus 15 hours = 10 pm tonite

so looks like you could start to snow around 8-9 or so given your NW of the ORH-KFIT line

No...I have the day off. This drizzle is saturating things up and wetbulbing down to near freezing. 33.2F now with 85% RH. This should be plenty cold later if the mid levels will cooperate.

Dropping still here .5 degrees in last ten minutes, 85% relative humidity here too, temp 36 dp 31. Would that cut it later on? I was getting a little worried earlier when I was 38 and heading in the wrong direction. Not that I feel all that much better now.

I keep forgetting there's someone in Bow with a Davis and I default to CON's reading. Theirs is at 93% RH, 34.3/32.5.

Dropping still here .5 degrees in last ten minutes, 85% relative humidity here too, temp 36 dp 31. Would that cut it later on? I was getting a little worried earlier when I was 38 and heading in the wrong direction.

That's cutting it close imo. As the secondary gets cranking you should be able to drain in some cooler air later if we can get the ageostrophic flow to kick in out of the N/NE.

amarshall should be full frontal wherever it is he went.

For all of my off-topic banter bothering you guys the last two days about which mountain to go to, I'm bailing.

The only day I can ski is tomorrow. With gas prices and expensive lift tickets, I can't drive 4 hours to sit in a bar all day waiting for a wind hold.

This winter sucks.

Full frontal cancel.

Archived