• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

I remember back in the late 80s we hit the mid 80s late in March.

Tomorrow's a challenging forecast due to cloud cover potential. DVN staying fairly conservative with mid 60s, which is probably the right way to go. Any extra sunshine though and we'll be back into the low 70s.

As for next week, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an 80 considering some of the latest guidance. If there's a year to have some early extreme maxes, this is the year.

Call me crazy but I think we can break 90 in spots.. If not by you, somewhere very close by..

This map Just looks epic epic epic epically warm.. 10 C by the Hudson Bay?!?!?!?! Crazy stuff if it verifies..

f216.gif

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly possible but of course not likely.. As cyclone posted above he saw mid 80's in late March a while back in the 80's, No reason why somewhere further south couldn't touch 90 with such an epic epic torch signal...

I admit I haven't checked into the longer range much but that just sounds extreme. You would need 850 mb temps of roughly 17-18C with good mixing to even consider that.

Certainly possible but of course not likely.. As cyclone posted above he saw mid 80's in late March a while back in the 80's, No reason why somewhere further south couldn't touch 90 with such an epic epic torch signal... Say around Cairo, STL, KC etc...

There isn't enough daylight warming hours for those kinds of temperatures! I don't remember any 80s in March ever, but close!

I'm talking late March and areas around KC, STL, Cairo, etc...

O ok! Yeah maybe those locations could get close.

56° here at 11pm at night in early March! Probably can leave the window open all night!

Your post made it seem like you were thinking that for next week.

My bad about I meant close by not exactly imby.. And around day 10 and beyond as the Euro was showing..

The QC have come close too as early as 3/21 with an 88 back in 1960 for Burlington..

Chicago has recorded an 88 in March as well 3/29/86..

lol

Hope your ready for some :sizzle: Joe.. Your svr wx chances look good at as well :thumbsup:

Enjoy..

O ok! Yeah maybe those locations could get close.

56° here at 11pm at night in early March! Probably can leave the window open all night!

Strange temps here with the warmest stuff closer to the lake and a sw breeze off the colder lake. Sitting at 60 as of midnight in Holland, MI. It is 51 here.

Strange temps here with the warmest stuff closer to the lake and a sw breeze off the colder lake. Sitting at 60 as of midnight in Holland, MI. It is 51 here.

That's pretty strange!

I see Ludington is 54° with a SW wind! The opposite shore in Wisconsin is in the mid 40s. Makes no sense, lol!

...41° at Muskegon though.

not complainging because this is dreamy spring weather but I wouldn't of minded if this mega torch had waited another week or two. now it will prob flip to a more typical miserable spring for a time with rain and 30's and 40's and a possible peach bud freeze or a greenhouse collapsing storm.. with southern canada's snow pack looking to take a pounding maybe we can avoid any real damaging cold shots if we were to flip to yuck for a time.

Giving it to sat or sunday and if models aren't hinting at any 15" blue snow bombs running from laf to toronto it will be time to pay up.. perfect timing for timmy to enjoy a few steaks and beers on me during the torch next week.

not complainging because this is dreamy spring weather but I wouldn't of minded if this mega torch had waited another week or two. now it will prob flip to a more typical miserable spring for a time with rain and 30's and 40's and a possible peach bud freeze or a greenhouse collapsing storm.. with southern canada's snow pack looking to take a pounding maybe we can avoid any real damaging cold shots if we were to flip to yuck for a time.

Check your PM's, I sent you something. :)

It's not about the bet. We'll settle on that later. :D

I just figured that 1 pm i had for a week now was tropical telling me to go on yahoo so he could post every warm thing he could find to me so i just never opened it.

Holy Moly, Tim...words can not say how appreciative and happy I am to have seen what was in that PM.. every bit of snow data for MKE going back to 1884-85! I still can't believe what I'm seeing and I can not thank you enough for all the time & effort you put in to it. Would like to send you a little something in the mail if you don't have a problem pm'ing me your address or a PO box addy if you have one. Totally understandable if you don't feel comfortable doing that and I will just figure out something else.

Off to see how chocolate milky the root river got with this fast snow meltoff and see if a fresh batch of steelehead moved in yet. Enjoy your day y'all.

Y'all need to get a weber kettle and throw the gassers to the curb scrappers.

Archived