joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just figured that 1 pm i had for a week now was tropical telling me to go on yahoo so he could post every warm thing he could find to me so i just never opened it.

Holy Moly, Tim...words can not say how appreciative and happy I am to have seen what was in that PM.. every bit of snow data for MKE going back to 1884-85! I still can't believe what I'm seeing and I can not thank you enough for all the time & effort you put in to it. Would like to send you a little something in the mail if you don't have a problem pm'ing me your address or a PO box addy if you have one. Totally understandable if you don't feel comfortable doing that and I will just figure out something else.

Off to see how chocolate milky the root river got with this fast snow meltoff and see if a fresh batch of steelehead moved in yet. Enjoy your day y'all.

Y'all need to get a weber kettle and throw the gassers to the curb scrappers.

Glad you liked it. And thanks is enough my friend. :)

Wow! is all I can say when looking at next week. Just when you think the Euro can't get any warmer, it does. The latest 00z run would have 70s+ here for six straight days, which would be unreal for mid March.

I knew this morning had a good chance to be warmer than expected. The Euro has consistently shown low to mid 50s here for a low while all the locals were consistently in the 40s. I'm loving the Euro wondermaps. I've found the Euro's surface temp forecast to be pretty good most of the time, certainly better than the GFS/NAM.

Des Moines had a low temp this morning of 60!

Wow! is all I can say when looking at next week. Just when you think the Euro can't get any warmer, it does. The latest 00z run would have 70s+ here for six straight days, which would be unreal for mid March.

I knew this morning had a good chance to be warmer than expected. The Euro has consistently shown low to mid 50s here for a low while all the locals were consistently in the 40s. I'm loving the Euro wondermaps. I've found the Euro's surface temp forecast to be pretty good most of the time, certainly better than the GFS/NAM.

Euro wundermaps only go out to 180 hrs? How do you get them to 240?

You can get them off that crappy French website :)

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=240&mode=0&map=1&archive=0

Don't hurt your neck! Looks like the 12C is right up into LSE at 240hrs...

Bow-

The ice will probably be dead after today. My brother was out yesterday (they killed them again) and said it was slush, but still safe. They were only fishing in 3ft of water so falling through isn't a big issues. Last weekend a group of guys took out 100 perch and that was a slow day. Another thing that is going on, is the water level has dropped a foot and a half since Sat (which is odd). They must be drawing down the pool figuring that all that snow to the north is going to come flowing south soon? Not sure, but I would assume next week the dam will be loaded with walleye fisherman if the warm temps show up.

euro showing 70's all the way up to the UP next wed/thurs/friday.. March 2010 might have nothing on 2012.. who would have thunk.

All those spring breakers heading down south will be pissed that they could have stayed up north and still enjoyed some beautiful weather (and much more comfortable than the heat and humidity down south).

So far the low at ORD has been 55F. If they stay above this through midnight, it will set a new record high min for March 7. The current record is 53F in 2000.

Also, if the 55F holds, it will be the 2nd highest low temp on record for so early in the season. The only warmer low temp was 56F on 3/5/1983.

Front looks to be through Omaha and MSP...Omaha down to 40F, while Des Moines is at 66F... MSP shows 45F and rain. Still 56F here...

Now 37° and rain at MSP. Had some sun around 9am, but that's been about it today. Easy to tell where the front is with the post frontal precipitation forming.

Just had the power flicker!

Whoah! Probably someone's cigarette is the cause. I remember last year there was some out of control fires in Detroit on a windy day.

Once in a while that can happen around here too.

Yes, but that was like in summer or fall...but early March? LOL

Yes, but that was like in summer or fall...but early March? LOL

That is crazy. I would expect it for Oklahoma or Texas in March, but Michigan! Looks like grasses and cattails went up! Sometimes during a dry spell in the summer, that can happen around here too. Looks like it is dying down.

Archived