• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

As an avid golfer the last 5 springs have been absolute awful. I remember when I graduated high school that I was wearing a jacket on my last day as it was only 58 and cloudy and that's really all we've had the last few years. Just cold, rainy springs.

With that being said wow is it warming up very quickly. I mean I know we get these occasional warmups where temps hit 55-60 in March but it seems like they're coming weekly and at the models we'll be in the 60s all next week. That seems almost wrong to me in all honesty to see consistent 60s this early in the Spring. It definitely bodes well for multiple severe weather outbreaks across the GL/OV this year for sure

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yes, if a trough like that were to translate eastward in any sort of consolidated way, you'd be looking at trouble of all sorts, in all kinds of places.

Yeah. Whether the EURO comes to fruition or not, it sure does look like there will be plenty of severe weather to go around this spring...

But, I mainly just posted that for the lolz because you rarely see a 516/510 height contour off the west coast of Washington and Oregon in March...

FWIW: There is some impressive agreement amongst the GFS ensembles for something during this time period as well.

But, I mainly just posted that for the lolz because you rarely see a 516/510 height contour off the west coast of Washington and Oregon in March...

FWIW: There is some impressive agreement amongst the GFS ensembles for something during this time period as well.

Something similar to this setup happened last year.

I remember one of the met guys from Accuwx years ago (not Joe B) mentioned that the early season warm ups can over perform because the trees lack leaves. Something about sunlight being able to penetrate through the canopy and warm the ground...

The whole GFS run was mild this morning...could be frost free for quite some time.

Well this might be the last +SN squall I see until next Nov. won't be missed.

More stat padding today. Wet snow squalls are good for at least a few tenths of an inch.

Last? There will be another burst of snow down the road. There always is. This is Michigan its not Missouri

Interesting pattern look there. What kind of temperatures would that translate to in the lower elevations? Some snow probably?...

Chilly day today. Temperatures still hanging near freezing.

12z Euro is pure craziness for mid March. Assuming a surge of moisture with clouds and showers next weekend doesn't knock back the temps, the Euro suggests for high temps from Tuesday through the following Monday... 70,75,75,75,75,75,75. That's insane.

The nice change on the 12z Euro is it has lifted the midweek shortwave farther north into Canada so the thermal ridge doesn't get beat back southward at all. The GFS still has it farther south so we get a cooldown into the 60s Thursday(pretty funny to say "cooldown" when it's still 20 degrees above average)

Archived