Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemingly without exception, on strong WAA days the temp overperforms and on strong CAA days it underperforms. We've struggled just to reach 39 or 40 degrees. The wind is howling so it feels pretty cold. One more chilly day to go before the mild stuff returns. Still looking forward to next week's mega-torch.

lol

if not for the crash on I-65, i would have had the henryville, in tornado.

I know :( Probably will be something chase worthy again in the next couple weeks though. Chasing nado's kinda reminds me of bow hunting mature whitetails. Everything just has to come together perfectly to seal the deal. And even when a chase or hunt doesn't work out its still a rush being out there.

It will be interesting to see if some stations in your region can approach a +10 degree or higher temperature departure for March.

With 7 day running departures this high, it could be within reach if the warmth persists long enough. March 1945 is the

benchmark for many.

2012 might just make a run at the top 10 warmest years. It's possible

The solar cycle and very active sun can only mean more interesting times. The sun has come alive like no other. That sun spot is a breeding ground for more CMEs. Yet another wild card and variable that tells all analouges and past patterns to take a hike.

I know :( Probably will be something chase worthy again in the next couple weeks though. Chasing nado's kinda reminds me of bow hunting mature whitetails. Everything just has to come together perfectly to seal the deal. And even when a chase or hunt doesn't work out its still a rush being out there.

Exactly. To me chasing is a lot like hunting. I always joke with my brother that we're out there hunting the most dangerous prey on Earth lol.

Only made it 44 today. Really not that cool, but compared to the last few days it felt like January.

Archived