joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 22nd-24th Severe Thread

andyhb

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they get hacked maybe? I doubt it but this makes no sense.

You can pretty much write that one off. If it was a hacker it would be absolutely ridiculous, like the whole state of TN in a warning. This is kinda believable.

Maybe somebody from FFC got transferred. :flood::whistle: Took a pay cut with it. Thank goodness I live in GSP's area.

I know! Right? I remember a tv met (he got fired shortly after) saying "Cherokee County has a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and a Tornado Warning at the same time." I swear I called him. It might be 'legal' to do that but Tornado Warnings trump everything.

Looked like this cluster was weakening, but it re-energized right at the

AL/GA state line. FFC gives it a SVR. Strongest part moving for

Cave Spring, just south of Rome.

This cluster caused wind damage East-southeast of Rome near Kingston Hwy

and Freeman Ferry rd. It broke apart, sending the southern storm near

Kennesaw and Alpharetta. Meanwhile, the main cluster is strengthening

again as it moves near Gainesville.

Multiple fb reports of a possible tornado touchdown in Kingston, GA. FFC didn't have a warning on it...

Awaiting a source.

All I'm hearing so far is some trees and power lines down. Scanner feed in the area doesn't sound like anything too major, and there wasn't a couplet in the area of question. Gotta watch going off FB posts alone.

All I'm hearing so far is some trees and power lines down. Scanner feed in the area doesn't sound like anything too major, and there wasn't a couplet in the area of question. Gotta watch going off FB posts alone.

Michael Phelps (who I'd consider to be a pretty reliable source) fb'd that he's hearing reports of damage in the area, not too sure he'd post this without adequate justification.

I'm about 15 min. south of Gainesville....seeng quite a bit of lightning now...looks like we'll be clipped by the southernmost edge of the cluster. Not expecting too much excitement out of this though.

Some parts of the cluster are actually looking a little dangerous. Pendergrass,

Jefferson, Hoschton will be next in line. I am a little bewildered that FFC only

just now switched to VCP 12 (severe weather mode) after what happened an hour ago.

This cluster has shown signs of rotation (not very strong) ever since it formed north

of Gadsden AL.

Archived