12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 8 Storm Obs/Discussion

NoVaWx

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I believe that T/Td split at the surface.

post-1746-0-34612100-1328630711.png

a bit suspect...especially given that precipitation onset is around 18/19z on the GFS...even there freezing level is around 960 mb, i've become less concerned about p-type from the 12z suite.

Here's that valley effect our Frederick members often cite showing up on the GFS.

post-116-0-82186800-1328631088.jpg

That's a great map. FDK sits in a big valley...basically in a bowl. People question the higher temps in summer here but the temps heat up quick with the geographic set up. As the map shows the drying effect that we always mention. City is about 180' I believe. I'm at 390' just to the West in Ballenger Creek but even we did bad with the 10/31/11 event. Locations 700' and above got the 3-4" during that storm.

That's a great map. FDK sits in a big valley...basically in a bowl. People question the higher temps in summer here but the temps heat up quick with the geographic set up. As the map shows the drying effect that we always mention. City is about 180' I believe. I'm at 390' just to the West in Ballenger Creek but even we did bad with the 10/31/11 event. Locations 700' and above got the 3-4" during that storm.

I work just south of Ballenger Creek, off 15 South at Mountville Rd. I'll be enjoying whatever falls tomorrow at the office.

this site only does 6 hr intervals ending every 12 hrs so this is 6 hrs ending 0Z Thursday

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=at&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ukmet≤=sfc&va=prec&in=.1&pl=cf&ft=h36&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

maybe someone has access to another Ukie site

by the way, 850 temps are -4C for most start to finish, with -5C or less at 0Z

Archived