Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 29th/30th

weatherwiz

Pretty sweet when the models work out :thumbsup:

With probably anywhere from 100-300 J/KG of Cape along with LI values down slightly below zero there should be a period of fun somewhere in that area.

Isold lightning and an isold 45-50kt gust down there on the cape and islands doesn't seem too unreasonable at this point.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be pretty sweet to see something here although I may be just a tad too west...do have to watch the main batch those to the northwest. Everything may really explode more to my east.

yeah it would, back to bed for me figured id set the alarm and see if anything interesting was going on but I can't lose sleep waiting for the flurries to develop into light snow, although the 1-3 inch hwo kind of made me think twice.

Isold lightning and an isold 45-50kt gust down there on the cape and islands doesn't seem too unreasonable at this point.

Not at all...and that's what models have been consistently showing down around the Cape.

The 6z NAM still develops about 200-300 J/KG of 0-180mb Cape which is not too shabby.

Looks like probably between 9z and 11z is when the best potential will occur. NAM had like potential for 40-50 knots winds mixing down across the Cape. With 925mb temps of around +1C and very steep low level lapse rates in place atmosphere should mix well and any convective elements will have little trouble mixing some of these winds down.

The northern tier of that line appears to be fizzling a bit and the heaviest of the action may end up grazing Nantucket. Have to watch and see if the line fires up a bit more. The line is moving out of that pocket of stronger instability though so it will be interesting to see if that hurts at all. I can't see it being too much of an issue though as this is more dynamically/forcing driven than instability...instability certainly would enhance things a bit though.

Very nice echos up there in the Berks...gotta be some good rates coming down.

24 hour totals... a little underwhelming in the village but the mountain got lit up as usual. Man this mountain is a freakin' snow magnet. It looks pristine and awesome out there this morning.

3,000ft+... Lead groomer reporting around 7" of new snow top of Gondola. Had 3" yesterday, so another 4" last night seems likely.

1,549ft... 5.0" total on the snow board (3.0-3.5" overnight), depth now up to seasonal high of 19".

800ft... 2.0" (0.2" yesterday, 1.8" last night)

This makes 8" at 1,500ft in the last 72 hours and 12" in the last 4 days. You can tell the mountain is starting to pull away from town in snowfall now because the snow banks are getting significantly larger up here. You pass our Admin offices at 1,300ft and it looks nice, but by the time you get another 1-2 miles into the bowels of Mansfield at 1,500ft the snowbanks are getting up there now.

Not a bad place to punch the clock and spend 40 hours a week at.

24 hour totals... a little underwhelming in the village but the mountain got lit up as usual. Man this mountain is a freakin' snow magnet. It looks pristine and awesome out there this morning.

3,000ft+... Lead groomer reporting around 7" of new snow top of Gondola. Had 3" yesterday, so another 4" last night seems likely.

1,549ft... 5.0" total on the snow board (3.0-3.5" overnight), depth now up to seasonal high of 19".

800ft... 2.0" (0.2" yesterday, 1.8" last night)

This makes 8" at 1,500ft in the last 72 hours and 12" in the last 4 days. You can tell the mountain is starting to pull away from town in snowfall now because the snow banks are getting significantly larger up here. You pass our Admin offices at 1,300ft and it looks nice, but by the time you get another 1-2 miles into the bowels of Mansfield at 1,500ft the snowbanks are getting up there now.

Not a bad place to punch the clock and spend 40 hours a week at.

Congrats, Scott. Nothing of the sort here (not that it was expected). Just a light dusting. Still some weenie flakes in spite of the clearing sky. Gust winds have commenced in the last 1/2 hour.

28.6/24

Congrats, Scott. Nothing of the sort here (not that it was expected). Just a light dusting. Still some weenie flakes in spite of the clearing sky. Gust winds have commenced in the last 1/2 hour.

28.6/24

I'm really surprised that band of 30+ dbz running into the Berkshires didn't give you anything more than a dusting. I wonder what wxmanmitch had on the west side.

Archived