Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 29th/30th

weatherwiz

Did you actually look at anything?

LOL... it looks good on paper except for the QPF print-out. I have a hard time believing the values mentioned in this thread do not produce a quick inch or two for some areas. Especially Berks with some upslope assist and then eastern areas with more moist, unstable air. Usually the Berks can at least use some of the moisture pooling out ahead of the front from the Great Lakes region with strong WSW winds ripping across the lakes and putting moisture out ahead of the front.

High ratio stuff too so even 0.05" could give 1-2".

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all look the same.

I think once it taps into some moisture, something may form and move east. It could happen just to your east, but I think ctrl and ern areas may see some interesting stuff. It may not be widespread, but some might. That's how it goes with these things.

Yeah and these events are very cool from a met stand point... not like there's much else to look at right now. Meso-scale events are always fascinating.

Yeah and these events are very cool from a met stand point... not like there's much else to look at right now. Meso-scale events are always fascinating.

It could just be a non-event, but seeing those parameters and knowing how models sometimes don't handle small scale things well...it's something to watch. I certainly wouldn't lock in widespread TSSN or something..lol, but we could see some cool things late tonight.

12z NAM looks quite interesting for eastern sections...even some hints at a possible weak low development just off-shore. With how cold temps will be aloft and water temps obviously being much warmer this should create a very small area of some very good instability...going to incredibly interesting across the cape area overnight/early AM tomorrow.

12z NAM looks quite interesting for eastern sections...even some hints at a possible weak low development just off-shore. With how cold temps will be aloft and water temps obviously being much warmer this should create a very small area of some very good instability...going to incredibly interesting across the cape area overnight/early AM tomorrow.

yeah it's a unique set-up. looking forward to watching this.

Low level dry ar is probably the biggest issue to overcome in this setup. Its actually trended a bit drier in the low levels than it looked the past 2 days.

I guess the one good thing is it does appear there is adequate moisture with the front alone...but the column is very dry right now so the question is how quickly can we saturate the column?

Likely lift does increase across eastern sections though so this could end up saving them.

The lack of moisture though has me thinking that we see any snow squalls probably more isolated than widespread in nature and if we do see a line probably a broken line.

I think that's the problem for some areas away from the water.

If we had widespread >80% RH in the boundary layer, then this would probably be a really big windex event. Also the low level convergence looks like it peters out a bit as it approaches us which also probably inhibits the advection of better LL moisture....I'm just looking this event over compared to come of our great windex events like 1/28/10.

If we had widespread >80% RH in the boundary layer, then this would probably be a really big windex event. Also the low level convergence looks like it peters out a bit as it approaches us which also probably inhibits the advection of better LL moisture....I'm just looking this event over compared to come of our great windex events like 1/28/10.

It looks like the conv weakens moving into wrn areas, and then strengthens again as it moves east..especially se mass and the Cape. I think cstl areas, especially se parts won't have a low level RH issue with those waters to the south. If that line does weaken which is probably will, it may pick up again over ern CT and RI. Either way, some really good parameters that are hard to come by this time of year. Problem down by the Cape, is the boundary layer. Still seems a little weird to me that models weaken the lift as it moves into SNE, but they all do, so it's a combo of a few things.

It looks like the conv weakens moving into wrn areas, and then strengthens again as it moves east..especially se mass and the Cape. I think cstl areas, especially se parts won't have a low level RH issue with those waters to the south. If that line does weaken which is probably will, it may pick up again over ern CT and RI. Either way, some really good parameters that are hard to come by this time of year. Problem down by the Cape, is the boundary layer. Still seems a little weird to me that models weaken the lift as it moves into SNE, but they all do, so it's a combo of a few things.

I'm sure someone is going to see some pretty intense precip rates for a brief time and probably even some thunder, esp in SE MA...but it probably won't be as widespread as it might otherwise be if we had a larger region of low level moisture....but who knows, sometimes the models really screw the pooch on these setups. That's a lot of instability that can make up for some deficencies in other areas.

I'm sure someone is going to see some pretty intense precip rates for a brief time and probably even some thunder, esp in SE MA...but it probably won't be as widespread as it might otherwise be if we had a larger region of low level moisture....but who knows, sometimes the models really screw the pooch on these setups. That's a lot of instability that can make up for some deficencies in other areas.

Well it should be interesting to see how it pans out either way. Just seeing the SREFs show those tstm probs down the Cape is pretty funny.

Archived