joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29th/30th

weatherwiz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that stands out to me is the instability spike...occurs right when the strongest low level moisture advects in. Seeing a major instability spike like that tells me there will be some intense lift just ahead of the front which the models won't pick up on unfortunately.

Another thing that stands out is the actual instability gradient that will be in place between central and eastern sections...another area where lift will be enhanced.

The one thing that stands out to me is the instability spike...occurs right when the strongest low level moisture advects in.  Seeing a major instability spike like that tells me there will be some intense lift just ahead of the front which the models won't pick up on unfortunately.  

Another thing that stands out is the actual instability gradient that will be in place between central and eastern sections...another area where lift will be enhanced.

wet microburst, snownado gust front?, should be interesting, wish it was daytime though. absurd Cape near the Cape and Block island for winter, what the heck is going on.

wet microburst, snownado gust front?, should be interesting, wish it was daytime though. absurd Cape near the Cape and Block island for winter, what the heck is going on.

I wish it was during the day as well.

What's going on??? How often do you see -30 to -40C at 500mb here and -20 to -30C at 700mb here? That is pretty crazy...especially when sfc temps will be in the 30s to near 40 in plaaces.

nice face plant dude , holy crap

Thanks Steve,

Eye is now swollen shut. Lots of stinging pain haha. Went to do a cork 900 and at about 720 I saw the ground and knew I was in for a slam. People screamed and I just looked up and gave the devil horns with a bloody face haha. Lift is right over the jump.

What I meant to do

What happened..

428883_177531475687548_100002920909116_286094_1190658220_n.jpg

aint easy being extreme ;)

Thanks Steve,

Eye is now swollen shut. Lots of stinging pain haha. Went to do a cork 900 and at about 720 I saw the ground and knew I was in for a slam. People screamed and I just looked up and gave the devil horns with a bloody face haha. Lift is right over the jump.

What I meant to do

What happened..

428883_177531475687548_100002920909116_286094_1190658220_n.jpg

aint easy being extreme ;)

Looks like you're pretending to keep that eye shut. Can tell by the wrinkles on your forehead

Quite the disconnect between this thread and the forecasts (at least my ZFP).

MAZ002-290900-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

415 PM EST SAT JAN 28 2012

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS 15 TO

20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH

WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS

IN THE LOWER 20S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH...BECOMING WEST

10 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

MAZ002-290900-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

SHELBURNE

WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

That is why this is your best source of wx info bro.We have time to dig deep. If these soundings stay as they are tomorrow you might see a change in your P&C fetish.

Lol...no, but it should be kept on topic about the windex potential tomorrow night.

I agree...how often do we see TTs in the 60s here with mlvl lapse rates near 9 c/km? I'm literally in awe over that...you never see that here...even 5/31/98 and 6/1 wasn't like that.

I hope Ekster gives some thoughts on this.

I agree...how often do we see TTs in the 60s here with mlvl lapse rates near 9 c/km? I'm literally in awe over that...you never see that here...even 5/31/98 and 6/1 wasn't like that.

I hope Ekster gives some thoughts on this.

You can get those lapse rates in the winter sometimes. Lapse rates are simply the rate at which temp decreases as you go up into the atmosphere. In the winter, you can have steep lapse rates...it's just that the overall atmosphere is colder.

You can get those lapse rates in the winter sometimes. Lapse rates are simply the rate at which temp decreases as you go up into the atmosphere. In the winter, you can have steep lapse rates...it's just that the overall atmosphere is colder.

Really? I stand corrected...I never look at those much in winter...I'm a poop

Well I've never seen them this steep, but you can get them in WINDEX deals, and even near dryslots in storms.

Interesting. Remember the windex last winter? Was like november or something...there was hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What we're lapse rates in mid levels? That's when I had no cpu

MAZ002-290900-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

SHELBURNE

WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

Depends on the NWS office... I think you guys in the Berks have a solid chance at a 2-3" snowfall.

LAMOILLE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...JOHNSON...STOWE

556 PM EST SAT JAN 28 2012

.SUNDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO

4 INCHES. LOWS AROUND 15. SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH...BECOMING

NORTHWEST AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

Not quite sure why the NAM disintegrates the squall line as it moves east toward New England. Column looks pretty moist. Regardless, these are the type of things that can get pretty wild here in the Berks as these lines get orographically enhanced sometimes as they pass through. I remember some wild ones from January 2004 with some of those arctic FROPAs that put down a flash 3-4" of fluff snow in an hour. They were a nice break from the monotony of that cold, dry period. Could get fun here tomorrow night.

Archived