amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 29th/30th

weatherwiz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted more of this in the other thread, but he mentions tonight, so here goes. From Tim Kelly on NECN.com

" But the fact that this chill exists in Alaska, we have to be on guard for an Extreme Arctic Attack here in New England right through the Spring Equinox. Even a little release of this arctic chills sets up potential wintry weather blasts at least once a week for us. A Little upper level spin is producing thunder snow in the Northeast tonight, this 'minor' event is a tiny example of what can happen."

squall went to crap oh well at least ill get sleep tonight

It was supposed to, then it's supposed to advect moisture off the Atlantic as it progresses eastward. Probably not worth staying up for given the uncertainty with these events. But it's the type of event you'd kick yourself if things did come together.

I know it was supposed to but i still had hope lol I think the cape has a good chance but anywhere else i just dont see it

It was supposed to, then it's supposed to advect moisture off the Atlantic as it progresses eastward. Probably not worth staying up for given the uncertainty with these events. But it's the type of event you'd kick yourself if things did come together.

I know it was supposed to but i still had hope lol I think the cape has a good chance but anywhere else i just dont see it

I used to hope too, seen to many a squal line dry up as soon as it hits the HV in New York. If not there then on the east side of the Green Mountain spine. Yeah capecodweather and messenger have better shots than us, but things are very unstable which leads to uncertainty. I'll be happy if I wake up to a quarter or half inch but not expecting more than a few snowflakes on the roof of the car that partially evaporate and end up looking like frost in the morning.

I used to hope too, seen to many a squal line dry up as soon as it hits the HV in New York. If not there then on the east side of the Green Mountain spine. Yeah capecodweather and messenger have better shots than us, but things are very unstable which leads to uncertainty. I'll be happy if I wake up to a quarter or half inch but not expecting more than a few snowflakes on the roof of the car that partially evaporate and end up looking like frost in the morning.

I'm not expecting much of anything down here, hope it comes together for Phil.

I'm not expecting much of anything down here, hope it comes together for Phil.

I didn't necessarily mean I expected you to get much, just thought you two have a better chance than most. His chances being a bit better than yours. One of the rare times he has an advantage being on the cape. Good luck anyways, hopefully when all is said and done we'll have forgotten this event due to a nice couple week period that saved winter.

Per mesoanalysis there is a pocket of 100 J/KG of SBcape just south of Long Island along with 100 J/KG of MUcape and LI values down to about +1C to +2C...seems spot on and if models are correct this area will expand into portions of southern New England over the next few hours. Line of snow squalls continues to work towards the region.

Gray updated recently im now in the hwo for 1-3 inches. They said they upped amounts considerably. Didn't expect to see that kind of a change. Went from 50% chance of snsh to 1-3 inches. Well see, im sure im closer to the 1 inch being in the southern part of their forecast area though.

Pretty impressive burst of WAA at 925mb across eastern CT/RI and into SE MA...really helping to keep those steep llvl lapse rates in place as well as leading to some weak sfc instability. Not really a shocker to see that line develop where it did. Still with a sw flow here in the low levels across this area so this should enhance moisture a bit as well as create some added convergence.

Pretty impressive burst of WAA at 925mb across eastern CT/RI and into SE MA...really helping to keep those steep llvl lapse rates in place as well as leading to some weak sfc instability. Not really a shocker to see that line develop where it did. Still with a sw flow here in the low levels across this area so this should enhance moisture a bit as well as create some added convergence.

Hope you see something down there, have a few flurries falling that just started but looks like it wont get heavy for a while if it does at all up here. The precipitation was expanding over sne last time I checked so that's always a good sign as the opposite is usually the case.

Yep...the spc wrf and hrrr have been handling this pretty well. convection firing near MTP. Look for lightning toward the cape and islands in the next few hours.

Pretty sweet when the models work out :thumbsup:

With probably anywhere from 100-300 J/KG of Cape along with LI values down slightly below zero there should be a period of fun somewhere in that area.

Hope you see something down there, have a few flurries falling that just started but looks like it wont get heavy for a while if it does at all up here. The precipitation was expanding over snh last time I checked so that's always a good sign as the opposite us usually the case.

It would be pretty sweet to see something here although I may be just a tad too west...do have to watch the main batch those to the northwest. Everything may really explode more to my east.

Archived