joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29th/30th

weatherwiz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know the people who were over-hyping this. Anyone?

This played out as just about all of us expected. It was laid out perfectly.

I honestly thought the Cape would get something more, but it waited to get going a little late. Otherwise, the rest of us got what was expected. Good squall on the north shore.

I honestly thought the Cape would get something more, but it waited to get going a little late. Otherwise, the rest of us got what was expected. Good squall on the north shore.

Yeah I don't know who was over-hyping this. It was always the far eastern areas which stood a chance but like Scott stated this development happened just a bit too late. It was going to be a very isolated event anyways and that's what actually occurred.

Yeah I don't know who was over-hyping this. It was always the far eastern areas which stood a chance but like Scott stated this development happened just a bit too late. It was going to be a very isolated event anyways and that's what actually occurred.

You were tweeting and FB 1-2 inch amts with whiteouts and thunder

You were tweeting and FB 1-2 inch amts with whiteouts and thunder

I said that was a possibility and very localized...it didn't happen but that isn't hype. It all depends on how you word yourself...saying the potential exists or there is a possibility means it isn't a certainty but watch out.

In the end a situation where all models nailed the specifics...to an extent the QPF here too. RUC was never excited either...little too much dry surface air to overcome. Glad i invested about 5 minutes to come to that conclusion.

I had 2" of fluff last night. Nice little surprise to wake up to. Went to sleep unexcited, but looks like orographic enhancement did the trick from the radar loop PF posted. Some impressive METARs from PSF last night, so it must've come quickly. It looks like some nice LE snows working down from the WNW, so I may get some more.

I had 2" of fluff last night. Nice little surprise to wake up to. Went to sleep unexcited, but looks like orographic enhancement did the trick from the radar loop PF posted. Some impressive METARs from PSF last night, so it must've come quickly. It looks like some nice LE snows working down from the WNW, so I may get some more.

Thanks for posting that :thumbsup:

AIT

Archived