Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Assorted Amorphous Threats

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to change so many times, its no real use obsessing over the verbatim soltuons on this threat. Its still a marginal threat. The one behind it looks a bit more realistic with the pattern changes.

However, we still def have the 2/3 threat on the table...its just pretty precarious and model uncertainty is enormous.

This is going to change so many times, its no real use obsessing over the verbatim soltuons on this threat. Its still a marginal threat. The one behind it looks a bit more realistic with the pattern changes.

However, we still def have the 2/3 threat on the table...its just pretty precarious and model uncertainty is enormous.

There will probably be another several varieties of solutions in the next 72 hours, but hopefully one of these deals pans out for someone. What a crazy pattern though. It's actually refreshing to see in a way.

There will probably be another several varieties of solutions in the next 72 hours, but hopefully one of these deals pans out for someone. What a crazy pattern though. It's actually refreshing to see in a way.

If you were to see this output in 24 hours, would you think we were in decent shape? Seems we are on the cusp of winter making another visit

If you were to see this output in 24 hours, would you think we were in decent shape? Seems we are on the cusp of winter making another visit

If that first low looked similar in 24 hrs, and the 12z guidance tomorrow including euro ensembles had a similar depiction...then it very well may be a threat. The problem though is that there are a lot of moving parts, and that second low may turn out to be the bigger story. Anytime you build a ridge out west and the flow becomes more north to south over the plains...you'll have models really struggling on timing and keying in on specific shortwaves. If I saw similar chaos tomorrow..then I would have to give it another day or so. My guess is that at least one of these may work out for someone in New England. Just how and when remains to be seen. It's not a done deal.

With the new pattern in place this one has the best shot at delivering region wide snow. I didn't like what the Euro did last nite, but today's run makes sense given the new pattern

The new pattern isn't in place yet for the Feb 3rd storm...that;s the whole reason the airmass is so marginal.

I like this weekend, always have. After that, not sure. Anyone keeping count of how many times the Euro wanted to drop the PV into the CONUS at day 10 this winter?

I can't recall too many times, but that's a pipe dream anyways...in la la land. If the ridge is aggressive enough, I could see a cold plunge at some point.

I can't recall too many times, but that's a pipe dream anyways...in la la land. If the ridge is aggressive enough, I could see a cold plunge at some point.

I can think of at least three times the Euro has pulled this one out of a hat ...which is three more times than it's actually verified.

AO is squarely negative, NAO will be hanging around neutral ... sorta east based, ridging just needs to retrograde more over Greenland ... and the PNA is squarely positive ... finally some teleconnection convergence for the first time since October. Honestly, I think it looks great. I'm just wary after this winter so far.

I can think of at least three times the Euro has pulled this one out of a hat ...which is three more times than it's actually verified.

AO is squarely negative, NAO will be hanging around neutral ... sorta east based, ridging just needs to retrograde more over Greenland ... and the PNA is squarely positive ... finally some teleconnection convergence for the first time since October. Honestly, I think it looks great. I'm just wary after this winter so far.

I agree..I think we all are. At least this time around we have agreement from a tropical forcing standpoint too. The one thing that may try to diminish the amplitude, is the pesky AK low not wanting to retrograde enough to the west and southwest. I think we need to make sure that doesn't hurt our chances going forward..I'm looking out for that. At the same time, I haven't seen the models back off all week..and have even looked better as we get closer, which is a good sign. Back in early January, you could already see that the so called pattern change did not have legs. This one just may...for a couple of weeks anyways.

And I am weary of you Debbie Downer syndrome...jk

Just one more week of this garbage and then we can enjoy February for a little bit.

I miss your maps

And I am weary of you Debbie Downer syndrome...jk

Just one more week of this garbage and then we can enjoy February for a little bit.

I miss your maps

:lol: as soon as I get a reason to make a snowfall map...

Until then, I can't wait for spring!! Enough of this day 10 weenie fodder. Let's just get it straight: it's never going to snow more than 3" at a time for the rest of the winter, so we might as well get some sun and warmth and start spring early

Archived