• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Additional snowfall forecasts/guesses

Ellinwood

How much additional snow will DCA/BWI/IAD get this winter/spring?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. DCA

2. 2. BWI

3. 3. IAD

5-10"? I'd be down for that. Only takes 1 storm, but I just don't see that the table's going to get set for a SECS this year. I suspect we get 1 or maybe 2 more marginal events (rain to snow or snow to rain) or perhaps a decent clipper.

P.S. Total snowfall thus far at the 3 airports:

BWI: 1.3"

IAD: 1.7"

DCA: 1.7"

I think the BWI measurement from the "big" storm (0.9") is full of sh!t, personally.

5-10"? I'd be down for that. Only takes 1 storm, but I just don't see that the table's going to get set for a SECS this year. I suspect we get 1 or maybe 2 more marginal events (rain to snow or snow to rain) or perhaps a decent clipper.

I'm throwing a couple of decent events or one good event our way given the highly uncertain pattern (IMO indicitive of potentially wild weather in either direction... emphasis on POTENTIALLY). We would still finish below climo :P

I think the BWI measurement from the "big" storm (0.9") is full of sh!t, personally.

Agreed.

We would still finish below climo :P

Way below climo. Before the winter, I was hoping for 12-18" IMBY, which is below climo, but still a respectable fraction of climo. By the end of December, I was hoping to at least get into double digits. I don't think I'll even get that now, barring the BethesdaWx blizzards.

I agree, it should've been over an inch. But its better than their original 0.4 inch measurement at least...

I went for an additional 0.1-0.9 at BWI and DCA, and 1.0-4.9 at IAD. I think the rest of this winter is gonna suck big time. I hope I'm wrong!

I'm waiting for one particular poster on here to lock in his vote for 20+ at all 3 airports... LOL

im tempted to go 20"+ at DCA and 0" at the other locations. examining the JPO and LFO i see the potential for a short but intense supercell snowstorm over DCA on March 23rd from an advancing downward pintathomy in the elevated obstorifude.

im tempted to go 20"+ at DCA and 0" at the other locations. examining the JPO and LFO i see the potential for a short but intense supercell snowstorm over DCA on March 23rd from an advancing downward pintathomy in the elevated obstorifude.

Great. now I have to go google this word just to see if this is a serious post

I feel stupid reading this post

Great. now I have to go google this word just to see if this is a serious post

I think the genious of it is that it isn't a word but sounds like it is. sort of like saying the secondary ageostrphic circulation of the slow manifold leads to cyclogenesis. All the terms above have been used in journal articles but when combined are meaningless but sound like you are saying something profound.

I think the genious of it is that it isn't a word but sounds like it is. sort of like saying the secondary ageostrphic circulation of the slow manifold leads to cyclogenesis. All the terms above have been used in journal articles but when combined are meaningless but sound like you are saying something profound.

Kind of like the books I read when I was in grad school for history. You want to talk about jibberish...

Archived