Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 27-28 Clipper

wisconsinwx

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we'll slowly drop over the next few hours. If we don't drop quickly enough we might end up on the lower end of the predictions.

There's hope, saw several 2"+ reports in NE MO and western IL. Could be some decent banding that might drop some decent amounts if temps drop just a tad more.

Snowing nicely outside! Pretty much all of yesterdays snow was melted by 1pm, but now once again we wake up to a snowy morning. Though this mornings snow is much, much less slushy than yesterdays, despite temps hovering at 32-33F. Flake size is medium, not massive dendrites but certainly not pixiedust. Hard to believe this is already the 16th day this winter with measurable snowfall.

Parts of central Illinois did well with that band I referenced last night. Pretty good.

1014 PM SNOW HOPEDALE 40.42N 89.42W

01/27/2012 M2.3 INCH TAZEWELL IL MESONET

STILL SNOWING. ROADS SLICK. SWOP NETWORK.

1149 PM SNOW E BLOOMINGTON 40.48N 88.97W

01/27/2012 M2.6 INCH MCLEAN IL MESONET

SWOP NETWORK.

1155 PM SNOW PEORIA 40.74N 89.61W

01/27/2012 M1.5 INCH PEORIA IL OFFICIAL NWS OBS

STILL SNOWING.

1208 AM SNOW 3 W WASHINGTON 40.70N 89.49W

01/28/2012 M1.8 INCH TAZEWELL IL EMERGENCY MNGR

0105 AM SNOW BLOOMINGTON 40.48N 88.97W

01/28/2012 M2.4 INCH MCLEAN IL NWS EMPLOYEE

Yeah... the parking lot looks slick and per TCSD county roads are slick with black ice here and there

Per LAF obs, looks like it snowed for an hour or a little more overnight. About time we busted on one of these deals. That'll teach me to be optimistic...back to conservative/pessimistic mode. :D

:snowwindow:

Not sure if we have an imbedded disturbance rotating through or just classic lake enhancement post-frontal passage, but here at the office in K'zoo we have bliz-like conditions: +sn, strong WNW winds, & MAYBE 1/4 mile vis.

Had about an inch at 8 am when I arrived and has been snowing at various intensities since. Very wintery scene attm..

EDIT: Blue sky now. Was quite the squall event though to finish this event here. Can't tell how much fell here, but I was at a solid 1" when I left the house about 7:15 this morning.

2nd EDIT: And over the 30" mark we go for the season..

3rd EDIT: See you all in April with 60+ inches..

Per LAF obs, looks like it snowed for an hour or a little more overnight. About time we busted on one of these deals. That'll teach me to be optimistic...back to conservative/pessimistic mode. :D

A review of overnight obs shows some weirdness. We were having trouble cooling down while areas to the south were cooler with snow. I'm not quite sure why that would've happened in this setup but maybe they just had more precip than we did.

Archived