• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 27-28 Clipper

wisconsinwx

A review of overnight obs shows some weirdness. We were having trouble cooling down while areas to the south were cooler with snow. I'm not quite sure why that would've happened in this setup but maybe they just had more precip than we did.

Definitely some weirdness. The old LAF screw hole reappeared...it's been awhile. Can't win 'em all though.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A review of overnight obs shows some weirdness. We were having trouble cooling down while areas to the south were cooler with snow. I'm not quite sure why that would've happened in this setup but maybe they just had more precip than we did.

The radar returns overnight were much greater over more central parts of Indiana.

Main precip. shield associated with the clipper came through as non accumulating WTSN. Sfc temps were simply too warm.

However, in the last 25 minutes we've experienced true blizzard conditions. Type of stuff I haven't seen since the March 2008 blizzard. Could not even see the houses across the street. Probably dropped less than an inch but for that 25 minutes I was in heaven.

Second day I've woken up to all the snow being pretty much melted already (past noon) :lmao:

#collegelife

Got 0.6" of snow this morning, 95% of which is gone, having melted/soaked into the ground by early afternoon (spiked to 36F). Just the tiniest trace patches remain in some shade/dirt areas. A near carbon copy of yesterday with a snowy morning followed by a bare "did it even snow?" afternoon. Its like "Groundhog Day". We look to do it all over again tomorrow, DTX has lake enhanced synoptic snow, forecast at 1 inch here. Hopefully this time it stays for a day lol.

Archived