northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2012 General Discussion

Nic

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man I think you should have a talk with EC about there measuring styles at YYZ. Its horrible.....that March 08 blizzard really bothers me. 6" at YYZ when everyone surrounding got atleast 10". And how the F*ck did Pearson only get 31.3" in Jan 99 whereas every other station got over 40"?

So far I'm on par with Markham since its the closet station to me.

I wrote them about it 3 or 4 years ago. They never responded :(

It'll be a whiff verbatim, but the 0z GFS is going to be a large step forward regarding the weekend's storm.

No kidding. The gFS just explodes the storm, giving snow to both Toronto and Ottawa. I was planning a drive up to Ottawa on Sunday...may have to postpone it a week if this were to verify! It would be worth the postponement though!

You never know.........! LOL.. If this were to happen I'd take back everything I said about this winter.. LOL

Boating season might be even more enjoyable....... :flood: I just remembered, I forgot to put on the snow magnet on this season. No wonder there has been no snow. CLICK, BUZZ and hummmmmm, locked it in on 11!!! :snowing:

I agree, but in a winter where there has not been much at all going on, I got a little excited.

understandable and it's the general thread, so no big deal. FWIW one of the 0z GFS ensembles is decent for Ohio with the rest too suppressed...the 0z Euro is also well south. Given that the NAM has been too far north and amped at this range 99.9999% of the time this year, there's good reason to totally discount the solution.

I agree, but in a winter where there has not been much at all going on, I got a little excited.

the 6z 84 hr nam looked better since it was digging the northern energy faster and deeper. The 12z looks bad. That energy in the south has no where to go but east, northeast and out. Funny thing is if the northern stream did speed up dig while the sw slowed down, we'd probably have to worry about a lakecutter instead. And I agree with you, this winter even the 84 hr nam is at least something to talk about.

post-622-0-56403300-1329319205.jpg

I agree with Alek and Buckeye. 12z NAM extrapolated would not be good for us. In contrast, albeit only out to 60 hours, it looks like the 12z GFS is going to try and dig a s/w from the northern jet enough that it might interact with ther souther stream closed low.

You are far enough east to be in this game.

You are far enough east to be in this game.

Too bad that kicker coming into the PNW keeps everything pos tilt/progressive. This could have been a more widespread GL storm. Seems like the 0z GFS represents a "western extreme" solution, although with the number of s/ws in play, there's still a lot of fluidity, and some things could change.

Archived