• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2012 General Discussion

Nic

Too bad that kicker coming into the PNW keeps everything pos tilt/progressive. This could have been a more widespread GL storm. Seems like the 0z GFS represents a "western extreme" solution, although with the number of s/ws in play, there's still a lot of fluidity, and some things could change.

as interesting as the 12zgfs is with that sudden shift....

I'm not buying squat without the euro playing ball.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be inconsolable if that happens. I could handle GHD but not that. But the good thing is that it's past day 10.

The 12z GFS model run on Feb. 15 now gives the Midwest good svr wx chances instead of a snowstorm for the same time period. Models will be all over this for the time being, but I like the idea that someone may get some type of a storm.

Just another typical ****ty gray & damp SeMi day. Temps holding in the 30s with Steel gray overcast skies and broken patches of half melted dirty snow. Looking forward to a heavy rain storm to wash this mess away. Can't wait for the spring warmth and sunshine.

Can't wait for spring for this reason alone...worst winter ever for Sinus infections! I mean it feels like there's a sword going through my eye/top my nose area. Up and down temps no good.

uk only out to 72 but that looks squarely to be in the 12gfs camp...possibly even more extreme. Hard to tell for sure though

12zeuro will tell the tale...

Nice find. Definitely going to be in the phased camp. This is pretty big because at 0z UKIE was firmly suppressed and it's the first non-NCEP model to move towards the idea of phasing.

So long as the 12z EURO shows some type of improvement, even if it's not as gung-ho as the UKIE/GFS, it'll be a pretty big step towards certifying this threat as legit.

Nice find. Definitely going to be in the phased camp. This is pretty big because at 0z UKIE was firmly suppressed and it's the first non-NCEP model to move towards the idea of phasing.

So long as the 12z EURO shows some type of improvement, even if it's not as gung-ho as the UKIE/GFS, it'll be a pretty big step towards certifying this threat as legit.

Agree, the GGEM was flat as hell though just to toss that out there. Though it has been brutal all winter.

Can't wait for spring for this reason alone...worst winter ever for Sinus infections! I mean it feels like there's a sword going through my eye/top my nose area. Up and down temps no good.

Man I hear ya. I've been getting sick allot as of late. This late perpetual Fall (winter) has not helped reducing the cold and flu season.

beyond that uk has 994 just south of DC at 96....so significant shift. Not enough for my neck of the woods but as quiet as this winter has been, it's worth watching a bit.

beyond that uk has 994 just south of DC at 96....so significant shift. Not enough for my neck of the woods but as quiet as this winter has been, it's worth watching a bit.

It's got an inverted sfc trough look to it though. I'd imagine, just by looking at the sfc plots, some -SN would make it as far north as me, even with the sfc low that far south.

It's got an inverted sfc trough look to it though. I'd imagine, just by looking at the sfc plots, some -SN would make it as far north as me, even with the sfc low that far south.

at the risk of a massive jinx...

if the euro moves towards a gfs solution....I'll spin off a separate thread for this as the first 'threat' for the eastern OV and eastern lakes of the season.

:axe:

at the risk of a massive jinx...

if the euro moves towards a gfs solution....I'll spin off a separate thread for this as the first 'threat' for the eastern OV and eastern lakes of the season.

:axe:

Worst case scenario, it'll be a nice sequel to the winter complaint thread. :)

The mets in the NE thread are making some good points about the general H5 pattern. Typically, for a major meridional moving storm, you're gonna want more long wave ridging out west. That closed low coming into Seattle around 72 is not ideal.

I think something perhaps slightly NW of the 12z GFS/UKIE is the best case scenario, given the setup. I'm not expecting a major Apps runner.

Same here! I had the flu 3 times this season. Never before was I sick this many times.

This winter I've been clear of the flu and colds. "knock on wood!"

I've been outside more this winter too. Maybe that's been making the difference!

Thought it would be gray and overcast today, but so far it has been partly cloudy.

What a nice day.... Looks like some clouds could brush us, but more clearing to the south...

12z GFS IS A TORCH... Oh my God...

My greenhouse hit 80F earlier...just put it up a few days ago. Nice to sit in there and enjoy a little of the tropics...already put onion seedlings out there. Plan on leaving them unless overnight lows drop below 18F (inside should stay about 10F warmer).

You guys talking about being sick?

I've been on and off (mostly on) since Oct. My son first started preschool and those preschool germs are nasty nasty nasty.

Since then I was sick for 13 days in Jan with Mono or something that turned into a sinus infection (went on Ceftin and cleared it up in a day or 2).

Now the past 15 days I've had a sore throat that turned into peritonsillar abcess (think pus in the tonsil crypt). I had to drain it and back on to antibiotics.

Feeling good now for a few days... This fall/winter I've been sick more then the past 10 combined.

Worst case scenario, it'll be a nice sequel to the winter complaint thread. :)

The mets in the NE thread are making some good points about the general H5 pattern. Typically, for a major meridional moving storm, you're gonna want more long wave ridging out west. That closed low coming into Seattle around 72 is not ideal.

I think something perhaps slightly NW of the 12z GFS/UKIE is the best case scenario, given the setup. I'm not expecting a major Apps runner.

If anything Texas continues to work itself out of the drought! Would a closed low coming into Seattle suppress, steal energy/weaken the southern wave?

Archived