• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 21st Snowstorm Obs

Baroclinic Zone

Well t-minus ~12hours till we see the snow fly in the Northeast. Solid event for the southern portions of the area with expected snow totals approaching 6"+ for some. Can't complain given how awful this winter has been in the snow dept. Maybe we can pull off some nice meso features like we just did last night.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think extreme S NH doesn't do that badly (depending on what your expectations are). Most models get the 0.25" line up around the NH/MA border and the 18z NAM has some lift in the moist H5-H85 layer. Maybe Socks can pull off 2-4" with 2-3" toward Dom/weenieNH. I may even be able to pull off 1-2" to freshen everything back up.

"SnowNH juju actually worked - just not in his backyard"

LoL. I will thank him tomorrow for the 4-8.

Yeah you're welcome... I actually want this thing to tick south from here on out.. I'd rather keep roads clean than get 2-3 inches of snow...

As I said earlier.. give me an 8-12+ storm or give me dry air. We aren't going for any snowpack records here, especially next week with 50s

Yeah you're welcome... I actually want this thing to tick south from here on out.. I'd rather keep roads clean than get 2-3 inches of snow...

As I said earlier.. give me an 8-12+ storm or give me dry air. We aren't going for any snowpack records here, especially next week with 50s

sorry for the OT

that should forever ban you from weenie of the year consideration

never ever would a weenie think these things or for the love of christ (lol) type them

that should forever ban you from weenie of the year consideration

never ever would a weenie think these things or for the love of christ (lol) type them

Lol I'm done with this winter.. ive been done since before i left for cali..I've wasted a lot of time since 10/29.

These snow start times aren't helping either.. I didn't even see a flake.of.snow last night personally..

This deserves a hot dog.

I'm sure you'd really like to pass on 2-3" of snow, lol.

What's your yearly totally at Stowe in relation to normal?

3,000ft is at 93"... normal for this time of year would be like 150" or more given we are halfway through the winter and seasonal average is 325" last 15 seasons.

I'm now at 53-55" down in town. A far cry from last season's 150" final tally in town here. We've got a ways to go to reach that. Average is 130" or so best I can figure.

Light Snow with 0.25" dusting on the snow board at 1,549ft.

Temp is 2F so this is a very cold snow.

What's interesting is I can tell the cold air is pushing further south or that the high is stronger because we are a solid 5-10F lower than guidance from yesterday had us at 6am.

24 hour forecast was for 4F at 4,000ft and 11F at 1,500ft... and verification is -2F and 2F. You can see that reflected in the southward shift of this storm.

Archived