• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

Same to you Mike! We are soooo young, it doesn't make any sense. Life plain blows sometimes.

Got that right. I got a disorder called ALPS it is an autoimmune disorder. Causes my platelets to get attacked by my own body. Was in hospital tons of times for that. Now I have to take meds everyday. Also had 3 collapsed lungs. I a only 22 as well. It sucks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok test results are in! They aren't bad, but they aren't good either. I have Gastritis and a hint of Gastroparesis, an Ulcer, and inflammed gallbladder. All these can be controled by medicine thank goodness, but painful none the less. No cancer or anything serious :hug: , but I have to be carefull with the Ulcer in the future because doc says can turn cancerous later in life. Basically means my digestive track is fn stupid and can't do its job right.

Anyways back to the weather side, I had some surprise snow this morning! wasn't much but was enough to raise my hopes up. The Ulcer is probably from the Winter of 2011-2012! rimshot.gif

Got that right. I got a disorder called ALPS it is an autoimmune disorder. Causes my platelets to get attacked by my own body. Was in hospital tons of times for that. Now I have to take meds everyday. Also had 3 collapsed lungs. I a only 22 as well. It sucks.

I guess we should be thankful we are still alive! It still sucks though, would be nice to live normal for a few years :) Those collapsed lungs must of hurt like a B****

Ok test results are in! They aren't bad, but they aren't good either. I have Gastritis and a hint of Gastroparesis, an Ulcer, and inflammed gallbladder. All these can be controled by medicine thank goodness, but painful none the less. No cancer or anything serious :hug: , but I have to be carefull with the Ulcer in the future because doc says can turn cancerous later in life. Basically means my digestive track is fn stupid and can't do its job right.

Anyways back to the weather side, I had some surprise snow this morning! wasn't much but was enough to raise my hopes up. The Ulcer is probably from the Winter of 2011-2012! rimshot.gif

That's really good to hear that it's nothing too serious and can be taken care of. Hope you feel better.

That's really good to hear that it's nothing too serious and can be taken care of. Hope you feel better.

Thanks Jamie, it means alot, normally I don't mention my private health to anyone. Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware, in case I wouldn't post anymore. The Ulcer and Gallbladder pain is some wicked pain. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I guess we should be thankful we are still alive! It still sucks though, would be nice to live normal for a few years :) Those collapsed lungs must of hurt like a B****

Um ya man it felt like getting stabbed in the chest. The last one I was losing consensus in the ER and they were like oh you are ok.. I was like um no.

Glad you are ok.

Thanks Jamie, it means alot, normally I don't mention my private health to anyone. Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware, in case I wouldn't post anymore. The Ulcer and Gallbladder pain is some wicked pain. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Thanks for letting me know. Worst pain I ever had was kidney stones. Ugh.

Huh....any comments on this?:

LONG TERM /FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/...

A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SFC AND ALOFT WILL BUILD OVER THE

REGION FRIDAY NIGHT WITH GRADUAL CLEARING...BUT MIN TEMPERATURES A

FEW TO SEVERAL DEG F ABOVE NORMAL.

TWO...FAST MOVING SHORTWAVES EMBEDDED IN THE NORTHERN STREAM WILL

BRING A FEW BOUTS OF SEASONABLY COLD WEATHER AND MAINLY MOUNTAIN

SNOW SHOWERS SATURDAY...AND AGAIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. BOTH

WEATHER FEATURES /AND THE FORCING ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR THERMALLY

INDIRECT JET LEFT EXIT REGIONS/ WILL BE CAPABLE OF BRINGING LIGHT

SNOWFALLS OF 1-2 INCHES ACROSS THE NW HALF OF THE STATE.

THE SECOND SHORTWAVE LATE IN THE WEEKEND WILL BE RELATIVELY STRONGER

WITH NOTABLY COLDER MID LEVEL TEMPS /-22C AT 700 MB AT 00Z MONDAY/

AND WILL LIKELY SPREAD SNOW SHOWERS INTO THE CENTRAL MTNS AND SUSQ

VALLEY.

AFTER THE EXIT OF THE SHORTWAVE EARLY IN THE WEEK WITH A SHOT OF

COLD AIR AND SCATTERED UPSLOPE/LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS...A BLEND OF

U.S/EURO GUIDANCE INDICATES THAT THE UPPER FLOW ACROSS AT LEAST THE

ERN HALF OF THE U.S. WILL BECOME HIGHLY ZONAL WITH TEMPERATURES

CLIMBING TO 7-10F ABOVE NORMAL TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY WITH MAINLY DRY

CONDITIONS. PERIODS OF WARM ADVECTION CLOUDS WILL AFFECT THE NRN 1/3

OF THE STATE AT TIMES NEXT WEEK...BUT PRECIP CHCS WILL BE QUITE

MINIMAL UNTIL A SHORT WAVE AMPLIFIES ACROSS THE MID MISS VALLEY

WEDNESDAY...AND POSSIBLY SPINS UP A WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG

EITHER THE CAROLINA...OR DELMARVA COAST. TEMPS WILL COOL FOR

THURSDAY INTO FRIDAY NEXT WEEK WITH A CHANCE OF SOME RAIN OR MIXED

PRECIP IN THE SE PART OF THE STATE...AND MIXED PRECIP OR SNOW ACROSS

THE NW HALF OF THE COMMONWEALTH.

30.3°, have had light freezing rain all day.

Potter, good to hear you're doing okay, man.

Heard that the higher elevations from McAdoo to Hazleton and along I-81 were pretty icy. My neighbor said that in the McAdoo area along PA-309, a lot of trees are bent and hanging low. Sounds like they had a pretty good ice accretion up there.

thanks everyone...

potter i had to have my gullbladder removed a few years ago..i lived with the pain for 2 years as they couldnt tell me for sure what it was.

the pain would come for a few hours then go away but one day it wouldnt go away so i went to the E.R. and they admitted me right away

and took it out....it was the worst pain i have ever felt in my life...i couldnt even talk it hurt so bad...the first time it happened i thought i was

having a heart attack...scary stuff.

Heard that the higher elevations from McAdoo to Hazleton and along I-81 were pretty icy. My neighbor said that in the McAdoo area along PA-309, a lot of trees are bent and hanging low. Sounds like they had a pretty good ice accretion up there.

Yeah, 'twas plenty icy up in Hazleton...almost wiped out walking back from class at 5:00.

Please answer if you are coming or not. LOL sorry for it being so large but, I need to get your all attention cause I want to make sure it is worth everyones time and not just 3 people are showing up.

link here below and let me know if you are coming or not.

http://www.americanw...53#entry1320953

so only 3 people are coming? Maybe we should wait and pick another Sunday in a couple weeks to get more people there!

06Z GFS suggest long duration Mix/ice threat north of I-80 then eventually rain at the end. It is still trending, but more than likely there will be some type of a decent threat next Thursday-Friday. Hopefully the 12Z trends back to the 00Z run :)

You know the Winter has been bad when we have to wait an entire week for a potential storm.

You know the Winter has been bad when we have to wait an entire week for a potential storm.

Well, it's been bad, but that isn't a good indicator of a bad one. Even the good ones have had no-potential periods. At least it's not like the last several days, when there was nothing for 15 days.

Hopefully we all can get in on the action with this one.

Archived