Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I hope the rest of the suite looks better than the 0z GFS operational did. But this storm at the end of the week is going to probably be a tall order to get many ppl snowing here. MJO going to be working outta phase 4 thru 5 this week by the looks of the forecasts. Great phases to pump the SE ridge, hence the southeast ridge keeping heights high and temps somewhat above normal after Monday's storm for the week. Should note that this was originally supposed to be our heat wave week, so at least theres a storm to keep an eye on.

Yeah. We have a real fine glaze going on up here. Almost fell taking the coal stove ashes out.

Down here just south of Mason-Dixon we've been experiencing Freezing Fog and Freezing Mist since the evening began. Every surface save the main roads have their fair share of slick spots thus I imagine the morning commute should be interesting.

T: 28

Td: 27

Finally starting to see some of the really fine freezing drizzle here,the cars are just starting to get a lil bit of an icy film. Temps def already up near freezing..bout 31.5. Now have a wet snowpack instead of powder. I still can't get over some of the images of Beaver stadium lit up tonight.

Finally starting to see some of the really fine freezing drizzle here,the cars are just starting to get a lil bit of an icy film. Temps def already up near freezing..bout 31.5. Now have a wet snowpack instead of powder. I still can't get over some of the images of Beaver stadium lit up tonight.

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen in Happy Valley. The sky above Beaver Stadium is literally white. Such a perfect night for a low cloud deck...

408163_10102140472368104_9343149_89354944_2122381956_n.jpg

Wow up to 31.5 there already? Still 26 here.

Wow up to 31.5 there already? Still 26 here.

My car thermometer was reading near 32 in Altoona, but was down to 27 or 28 from Tyrone up. That's when the drizzle started freezing to the windshield. :lmao:

Now that I look, we're up to 30.3 in State College.

PSU8315's elevation may be higher than your's Zak so he's probably closer to the warmer air.

My car thermometer was reading near 32 in Altoona, but was down to 27 or 28 from Tyrone up. That's when the drizzle started freezing to the windshield. :lmao:

Now that I look, we're up to 30.3 in State College.

The mesowest station in Tyrone still has 28F while the one in Duncansville had 31. Temps have been lurking around 30 to 31 here all evening. Gonna make a mess either way on the untreated stuff around the morning rush. Hopefully our township gets on the ball, the freezing rain event last week ended up with an oil truck off the road and nearly down the bank on our local road.

But yea I wish I would've been able to see the stadium in person tonight, I saw one really great image that I posted on the previous page and I saw this one shared about an hour ago.

post-1507-0-30116800-1327305826.jpg

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Archived