Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone Know if the ice is safe for ice fishing at Bald eagle state park in center county or if there even is any ice at this point. I know black moshannon state park is safe for ice fishing obviously it is higher up and it is colder there. Planning on doing an annual ice fishing trip in the area late next week/weekend temps look warm at day cold at night so any ice that is there wont go away but also looks as if it will be slow to make ice.

yeah, isn't that something.

That is pretty insane, lucky she didn't go careening into the other lane. I was impressed at the fact that the car kept going in a straight line thru all that snow in the median, 90% of drivers on the road would be spinning and flipping after about 50 feet.

Certainly nothing to really write home about in the models this afternoon, the storm on the doorstep is going to be mostly rain with perhaps a bit of some light mixed precip at the beginning. Beyond, things look like same old same old with several days of seasonally chilly weather before likely warming some in front of the next system. 12z Euro was trolling a pretty robust clipper during the middle of next week. I'd eventually watch for something like that in the northern branch to try to deliver some snow during this upcoming "cold" snap, but otherwise no major systems or rumors of major systems in the mid range today.

The NAO continues to act like the neutral line is a brick wall, and the AO is residing in negative territory currently with the PNA forecast to lift into positive territory. As long as the NAO/AO doesn't return to the ridiculously positive values we've seen earlier in the winter, we can work with one that resides in more neutral territory with the PNA lifting into positive. I think the teleconnection thats been starting to catch my attention the most has been the MJO. It is currently mired in Phase 5, which is great if your a fan of the southeast ridge. The currently negative PNA and that phase of the MJO probably didn't help matters with this upcoming storm which looks to be a rain/warm fail. Anyways, it is forecast to move into phase 6 and appears attm to poise itself for a potential 7/8/1 run. It failed miserably a few weeks ago when it tried but ultimately went right back into where it had been previously earlier in December at 4/5. It looks better positioned to at least run into at least a couple of those more favorable phases eventually.. probably mid Feb-ish. If it happens, we stand the chance of seeing a stormy pattern and perhaps the best chance of the winter of seeing a big storm or two.

post-1507-0-40608200-1327525170.gif

Just got back from Joe Pa procession-afternoon classes were canceled (at least mine were) so I decided to go. Quite a sight seeing people from the chapel to the stadium, often 5 deep on each side.

Anyway looks like pretty boring weather ahead. Nothing for the next week or so of note and beyond that it's a crap shoot.

Anyone Know if the ice is safe for ice fishing at Bald eagle state park in center county or if there even is any ice at this point. I know black moshannon state park is safe for ice fishing obviously it is higher up and it is colder there. Planning on doing an annual ice fishing trip in the area late next week/weekend temps look warm at day cold at night so any ice that is there wont go away but also looks as if it will be slow to make ice.

I couldn't find a park number for you, but you might want to call these folks: http://natureinnatbaldeagle.com/

That's the inn that's part of the state park. They might know.

I couldn't find a park number for you, but you might want to call these folks: http://natureinnatbaldeagle.com/

That's the inn that's part of the state park. They might know.

Thank you for your help. I called up that number they are saying it is not safe to walk on right now from there point of view but the lake is frozen over. They could not answer weather or not anyone has ice fished on it yet.

Sorry I have been such a grump lately about winter. I have been extremely stressed lately, I haven't been feeling good at all. I have testing done tomorrow to see what is the matter. I have been having constant abdominal pain for the last month and things have gotten worse. Hopefully it is nothing serious, wish me the best guys. I hope to keep posting on here, but if I'm not you guys will understand. It sucks being only 22 and very healthy and fit, only to be so sick. Take care guys.

Sorry I have been such a grump lately about winter. I have been extremely stressed lately, I haven't been feeling good at all. I have testing done tomorrow to see what is the matter. I have been having constant abdominal pain for the last month and things have gotten worse. Hopefully it is nothing serious, wish me the best guys. I hope to keep posting on here, but if I'm not you guys will understand. It sucks being only 22 and very healthy and fit, only to be so sick. Take care guys.

Hoping for the best for you. And don't worry about the weather, for God's sake. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. Especially compared to your health. Please let us know what they find.

Hang in there. Stay strong.

Hope you get better for a snowy February.

im in the same boat..been dizzy for the last month.

im to the point where i cant be on the pc for very long at all.

im sitting here now with a holter monitor straped to my body until friday.

it sucks...i hope all turns out well for you.

Goodness you guys, hope you both get better soon.

Same to you Mike! We are soooo young, it doesn't make any sense. Life plain blows sometimes.

Archived