• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

After 5 long months of absolute hell and torture, I believe the torch and misery are coming to an end. However, this beast of heat will not go down quietly and will give us one more 6-10 day stretch of spring which should begin around the 23rd of the month.

Discuss this period in time here, and obs when appropriate.

I think Feb will average around -2.5 in sne with plenty of snow.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 5 long months of absolute hell and torture, I believe the torch and misery are coming to an end. However, this beast of heat will not go down quietly and will give us one more 6-10 day stretch of spring which should begin around the 23rd of the month.

I'll take 1.5+ and some snow.

Things are coming together nicely on long range guidance for our historical torch to round out Jan. Crocuses and Forysnthia for all!

Some truly impressive heat off to our south and west, it will make a run or two, just how warm it will get remains to be seen.

Things are coming together nicely on long range guidance for our historical torch to round out Jan. Crocuses and Forysnthia for all!

Some truly impressive heat off to our south and west, it will make a run or two, just how warm it will get remains to be seen.

Yeah, it looks like south Texas will take a run at the mid-eighties for highs.

The big question is will the massive snow piles in the mountains of Western Mass. melt? Will that area break 40F for the first time since September?

Dude chill out, it's just a snowless winter. It happens in Florida all the time. Same with LA and San Diego, millions of people live in these places and are doing fine with all their marbles. (With the exception of LA)

Dude chill out, it's just a snowless winter. It happens in Florida all the time. Same with LA and San Diego, millions of people live in these places and are doing fine with all their marbles. (With the exception of LA)

Well New England's been much more spoiled over the past decade compared to your area, so it's probably much harder pill to swallow. You guys had your transition last year w/ a pretty terrible winter. For me in the NYC area, this winter's also very difficult given my 09-11 totals were >200% or greater of my average.

But I always say, if you've got your health, then you shouldn't be complaining. There are much more important things to life than snow.

Well New England's been much more spoiled over the past decade compared to your area, so it's probably much harder pill to swallow. You guys had your transition last year w/ a pretty terrible winter. For me in the NYC area, this winter's also very difficult given my 09-11 totals were >200% or greater of my average.

But I always say, if you've got your health, then you shouldn't be complaining. There are much more important things to life than snow.

WTF is wrong with you ?

In other words, lower zero your expectations and find a new hobby to distract yourself. You'll do just fine, over 1 billion people around the world live in snowless regions.

That is like saying a person in the desert should lower his expectations for good surf. When you live near the ocean you expect good surf days, when you live where it snows you expect great snowstorms. Circular reasoning

Guidance looks amazing, all systems go.............we are cleared for TORCH

and to make things better, climo starts rising in a week or so, sun angle is steadily increasing and Ground Hog Day is Feb 2nd. One more week of "winter" and its all uphill.

Payback time for some awesome winters of the past decade!

Archived