joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mid and upper 50s on long island surging north! Whats up with okx already having midweek temps 45 47 49 for next week, is there another torch coming?

UGH

Hope the superbowl weather holds.........................

Today, its mid spring on the south coast............enjoy the best spring ever!

Your torch actually did pretty well this week. Tue and Today are going to be the winners. Rest of the week was mild, but not a true torch. Next week looks warm again-Upton has 40s for the weekend and close to 50 for the rest of the week--wash rinse repeat-no real change in the winter pattern to date.

Your torch actually did pretty well this week. Tue and Today are going to be the winners. Rest of the week was mild, but not a true torch. Next week looks warm again-Upton has 40s for the weekend and close to 50 for the rest of the week--wash rinse repeat-no real change in the winter pattern to date.

Its truly incredible.

overcast all day, sitting at 56 degrees right now, boston metro is on fire.

Next 7 days courtesy of OKX..........next week will torch once again before the PNA possibly and hopefully saves us all.

59 45 44 41 45 49 47...........ouch.

Through the first 5 days of this almost two week long torch, how things stack up so far, today obviously being another healthy double digit delight, scaled back a tad tom and mond, then off to the races once again later tuesday and especially wed and even thur.

past 5 at ///////////////

bos +9 +20+11+7+13

bdl +4+18+10+9+13

pvd +9+20+9+8+18

orh+12+19+10+9+12

Add these up again next friday look back and the numbers will do the talking. One thing I love is it still snows in southern new england even during a torch period, we are lucky.

see ya

yep, its nice being up by the merrit parkway 5 miles away from the sound, as you know makes a huge difference, got down to 34 here.

Keep your eye on 2/1-2. Wednesday and even more likelyThursday could have the most widespread warmth of the entire torch. Then thankfully it's over.

Looking back on the Euro progs before this torch, looks like we under performed by about an average of 3-5 degrees. Still a warm period of sure, but nothing like what was touted back then. No 60F days at any of the major SNE climo stations were recorded (supposed to be a lock)...BOS/ORH/BDL only produced 1 high over 50F. PVD produced 2.

Jerry's original call of a "dirty" torch looks the most accurate...the night time low dpeartures during this period out did the day time highs by about 5 degrees looking at BOS/ORH really quickly.

Since 2005, there have been 3 Januarys with more impressive 5 days stretches than this...and '06 and '07 had multiple 5 days stretches warmer than this current 5 day stretch. So in short, this is a pretty mundane January warm spell when comparing it with historical warm spells. I didn't even go into other winter months, only January.

The impressive part of the warmth this winter is its longevity back to December...not this current streak which doesn't measure up to even the top 50% of 5 day January warm stretches in the past 15 years or so going back to 1998.

THis current torch in no way lived up to the outrageous runs of the euro, however, its another warm stint in a warm period has been discussed at length, my point if you read the first post was my belief that this would be the last extended torch of the winter, which I think may carry some weight. We can add the numbers up later next week when its over, I am certainly looking forward to a wintery stretch!

The cp got into the upper 50s twice this week and a couple areas touched 60, so not bad, its been such a warm stretch that even +8-+13 days are just no big deal this winter.

Almost time for snow!

This should about do it for highs today.

Archived