joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we did it! Low 60s in interior sw ct FTW, tomorrow should be even better regardless of less sun and some very spotty light rains. Guidance now suggesting another torch starting later sunday into early next week, looks as though by the end of week one, all 4 sne climo sites should be solidly in the +++ column to round out the first week of Feb.

Hey there are still four weeks left in winter, though I guess we can count out the next week for anything good. The pattern change keeps getting pushed back. At this point I wouldn't bother forecasting pattern changes or snow chances. Just ride persistence at this point if your goal is to make accurate forecasts. Eventually that forecast won't work, but it's better to be wrong that one time than every week.

It was very encouraging to see temps yesterday in the low to mid 50s across nantucket, and the vineyard with screaming sw winds off the ocean, warmer ssts's and the CFS forecast of above normal temps for new england this spring lead me to believe we will have a seamless transition from this warmth into springtime.

It was very encouraging to see temps yesterday in the low to mid 50s across nantucket, and the vineyard with screaming sw winds off the ocean, warmer ssts's and the CFS forecast of above normal temps for new england this spring lead me to believe we will have a seamless transition from this warmth into springtime.

That's about the best it will get down there until May. The problem is that our disaster Springs are from cutoff lows and ne winds. Waters in the Gulf of Maine are a little above normal, but that's not nearly enough to reduce the disaster, if it does come.

That's about the best it will get down there until May. The problem is that our disaster Springs are from cutoff lows and ne winds. Waters in the Gulf of Maine are a little above normal, but that's not nearly enough to reduce the disaster, if it does come.

Up by you especially in and around the boston metro is a different story, with back door fronts and such, still i think this spring is a beauty, unless Feb turns around looks like we avoid any mud season as well. I think we all hope april onwards is warm sunny and delightful.

Lets hope so!

Up by you especially in and around the boston metro is a different story, with back door fronts and such, still i think this spring is a beauty, unless Feb turns around looks like we avoid any mud season as well. I think we all hope april onwards is warm sunny and delightful.

Lets hope so!

may 2005, june 2009 en route baby.

Unofficial, but I may have at least tied my record. 59F unofficially right now at TAN.

TAN's only been around 14 years, but TAUM3 has records back to 1893, so between the two stations the record for today would be 59 at the co-op set back in 1951, so you are right, you get at least a tie today. The ASOS's record high is only 57 over its short history.

Archived