Take a road trip, dudes?

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

156 PM EST THU JAN 12 2012

MDZ501-VAZ503-WVZ501-503-505-130300-

/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0004.120113T0400Z-120113T2300Z/

EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY-WESTERN HIGHLAND-WESTERN GRANT-

WESTERN MINERAL-WESTERN PENDLETON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FROSTBURG...HIGHTOWN...BAYARD...

MOUNT STORM...ELK GARDEN...CIRCLEVILLE

156 PM EST THU JAN 12 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO

6 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...

IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST FRIDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES.

* TIMING...OCCASIONAL SNOW SHOWERS BEGINNING LATE TONIGHT AND

CONTINUING THROUGH FRIDAY. SNOW MAY CONTINUE INTO FRIDAY NIGHT.

* TEMPERATURES...HIGHS IN THE UPPER TEENS.

* WINDS...WESTERLY 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH.

* IMPACTS...NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN SNOW SQUALLS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS THAT

VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO STRONG WINDS BLOWING SNOW

AROUND IN ADDITION TO ANY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. BE PREPARED FOR

SNOW-COVERED ROADS. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING...ESPECIALLY IN

OPEN AREAS.

&&

$$

KRAMAR/LASORSA

The PV will save us. :cry:

there's been a fair amount of movement at the long range other than the idea most of the country remains warm. the -nao signal is much depleted if not totally gone this run as well.

The 18Z gefs ensemble mean has a terrible pattern through the run. All the cold is on the western side. If it's right January is toast except for occasional transient cold shots. The CFS2 model also really has fe warm and it look to have a positive nao. t will be interesting to hear what the euro weeklies have and whether they show the same look. I'm not ready to write off February but I don't see any favorable pattern change on the horizen before the end of the month. That doesn't mean one can't happen as I'm not taht good but that the present and modeled patterns don't look good.

It sounds like he doesn't like most mets or JB. Sounds like they are on the same page as the gefs which also looks really warm across the country beyond day 10.

he posts here as gibbsfreeenergy.. the energy mets are all punks.

The 18Z gefs ensemble mean has a terrible pattern through the run. All the cold is on the western side. If it's right January is toast except for occasional transient cold shots. The CFS2 model also really has fe warm and it look to have a positive nao. t will be interesting to hear what the euro weeklies have and whether they show the same look. I'm not ready to write off February but I don't see any favorable pattern change on the horizen before the end of the month. That doesn't mean one can't happen as I'm not taht good but that the present and modeled patterns don't look good.

According to Coastal the only half decent good piece of news is week 4 is showing a -NAO and otherwise it is brutal.

You have called for the winter to suck since November and haven't been wrong yet so I'd say you are pretty good at this.

he posts here as gibbsfreeenergy.. the energy mets are all punks.

It's really easy to bash all mets when you don't have to make public forecasts and anything you do say about the weather can be hidden behind a thick layer of "proprietary information" labels. I've never seen that guy do anything but barf back model output.

It's really easy to bash all mets when you don't have to make public forecasts and anything you do say about the weather can be hidden behind a thick layer of "proprietary information" labels. I've never seen that guy do anything but barf back model output.

im pretty sure id be an energy met if i was a met. :(

if you have some free time you should go to PR and read the last two pages or so of the NH primary thread.

Archived