• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-5 Timeframe - Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

Let's try and be a bit more perceptive, if not imaginative, about the importance of trend here. The verbatim thing isn't even as bad as some of you are intimating, either... gee wiz.

I really think there is something to my Stockholm Syndrome hypothesis, in that folks en masse have slipped into this collective consciousness that it can't snow, and if any product hints at means for it to snow, it's got to be auto reduced to no validity. Kind of amusing actually..

Not, this ECM run is spectacular... The New Year's even system is amped compared to previous runs, and seeing as this is just now crossing into the Euro's wheel-house verification scores, it wouldn't shock me if tonight's runs come in 10% more and you have a snow clipping for southern and eastern zones. Very easily could be a plausible future for that system.

Btw, the GGEM has a huge slow moving many incher as the bottom of the new +PNA trough tries to close off - similar to this Euro run actually....

John, I think you are misreading the board psyche. This euro run has already been compared to cmc and the broader significance pattern wise is apparent. You're locked into the stockholm syndrome as well as the word ennui.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a hell of a ridge...so there is going to be some sort of system unless the large scale is totally wrong, but its hard to buy the magnitude at which it does its thing...I could easily see this as a cutter too.

All about the ridge axis baby. Have that b**ch over Idaho/Montana as opposed to the west coast and we're in for a ride.

John, I think you are misreading the board psyche. This euro run has already been compared to cmc and the broader significance pattern wise is apparent. You're locked into the stockholm syndrome as well as the word ennui.

Ha ha... nah, I guess I didn't go back very many pages here :)

I just read Will's statement about that light rain and ho-hum thing and thought that was the whole story.

Anyway, wow, that 168 hour Euro is interesting looking -

The ridge topples over to the east in Canada which sort of creates its own little pseudo-block for the storm which prevents it from going through the lakes. If that doesn't happen, we're probably looking at another torching cutter.

+PNA isn't a very good teleconnector for the GL actually...

+PNA isn't a very good teleconnector for the GL actually...

He didn't even say anything about the PNA. He's talking about the behavior of the ridge axis. Don't get too attached to three letter acronyms. It works well for long range prediction as you've shown, but atmospheric motions extend beyond the definitions of a few teleconnections

He didn't even say anything about the PNA. He's talking about the behavior of the ridge axis. Don't get too attached to three letter acronyms. It works well for long range prediction as you've shown, but atmospheric motions extend beyond the definitions of a few teleconnections

Huh, what are you talking about '91.

I know what he said. I'm adding, "yes BUT, if the PNA were to go that positive, a lakes cutter is less likely"

you got nothing to correct. relax.

Archived