12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2012 General Discussion/Obs

KokomoWX

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Record lowest December snowfall set at Gaylord mi...

The December snowfall was 9.8 inches at Gaylord. This is the lowest

snowfall total ever recorded for the month of December. This breaks

the old record of 10.5 inches set in 1997.

The 30-year normal snowfall for December is 33.3 inches.

Gaylord snowfall records have been established from cooperative

observation data and date back to 1939.

GFS shows things staying very quiet for the first half of the month. Does show very cold air bodily moving south out of Canada around mid month. Simply amazing.

Cold is a good sign though....many were saying pattern change mid-month, some said beginning of Feb, but the OP GFS would suggest earlier. Clippers are often not seen until several days ahead of time, so its just a good sign to see cold in the extended.

Cold is a good sign though....many were saying pattern change mid-month, some said beginning of Feb, but the OP GFS would suggest earlier. Clippers are often not seen until several days ahead of time, so its just a good sign to see cold in the extended.

Yeah it's nice to see the longer lasting cold finally on the way. Should lead to something eventually.

There looks to be a clipper coming through around Wednesday.

The setup in the Atlantic couldn't be any better for some lake cutters. It's the Pacific that's the problem, and may potentially continue to be the problem.

That said, the window is open for a real storm around January 10-15th. The key however will be getting the cold air that's in place to stay in place.

I'd be really careful with the modeled pattern changes since they often like to rush things. Other than transient shots, I think we're looking at mid month at the earliest.

I'd say this is correct...other than the "pattern change" starting sometime around Jan 20 or beyond. Maybe.

I wonder how warm we'll get on Friday. Very warm air aloft being projected but deep mixing can be hard to come by at this time of year. IND already going with 49 (15 above normal) and we're 5 days out. I think we could hit the 50's even with pretty poor mixing.

I wonder how warm we'll get on Friday. Very warm air aloft being projected but deep mixing can be hard to come by at this time of year. IND already going with 49 (15 above normal) and we're 5 days out. I think we could hit the 50's even with pretty poor mixing.

A lolLAF 56º for Friday.

We need fantasy storms to track at this point...so with that in mind, 12z Euro has a slop storm day 10 as the southwest cutoff ejects eastward. :D

Dodge City, KS likes it:

THE ECMWF PROCEEDS THEN TO CLOSE OFF A MID LEVEL CYCLONE AS SIGNIFICANT

UPSTREAM RIDGING BUILDS OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA IN A VERY FAMILIAR ANTICYCLONIC

WAVE BREAK LIKE WE SAW BACK IN MID-DECEMBER...PRIOR TO THE BIG DECEMBER

19-20 BLIZZARD. THE DETERMINISTIC GFS IS MUCH MORE PROGRESSIVE AND NEVER

CLOSES OFF A CYCLONE OVER THE SOUTHWEST. GIVEN THE PROPENSITY FOR SIGNIFICANT

ANTICYCLONIC WAVE BREAKING LOWS SO FAR THIS COLD SEASON OVER THE SOUTHWESTERN

CONUS...THE IDEA OF YET ANOTHER ONE OCCURRING ISN`T ALL THAT CRAZY...AND

IN FACT IS PROBABLY THE BETTER PROBABILITY OF OCCURRENCE GIVEN THE BASE

STATE OF THE PLANETARY CIRCULATION REGIME OVER THE PAST MONTH OR TWO.

According to Tropical Milwaukee will hit 60 late week. <_< Of course that was based on the Euro showing 850 mb temps of 8-9 C.

Archived