Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Early December Pattern Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

18z run being weenie again.

That's the 1st period I was hoping, but it is heavy heavy needle threading.

Well...if you think about it ... heh heh, we are in the same pattern, and just did something similar. Maybe this time around there's more cold to work with.

straw grasping.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...if you think about it ... heh heh, we are in the same pattern, and just did something similar. Maybe this time around there's more cold to work with.

straw grasping.

Extra confluence up north? Wouldn't surprise me to see something work out like the GFS shows. Not much margin for error though.

I don't like a winter to blow its load too quickly....much prefer to have a long warm fall and warm pattern now. Once it changes we are in for a good ride. I think it changes by the 25th as you predicted. Yesterday was the 10th, very cold night last night, my pond frozen all day...the really strong + anomolies are gone. It's on schedule Rebbe.

I love your brother but I must say you are delusional. Your very cold night was barely climo for the first time this month. But one thing in your favor...the squirrels.

Gotta get lucky eventually...

Not a bad four day stretch here. 30's for four straight days and subfreezing this weekend for highs. 13 for a low this morning. Down to 23 now. It was just nice to have the mud frozen for awhile....

Extra confluence up north? Wouldn't surprise me to see something work out like the GFS shows. Not much margin for error though.

Isotherm has interesting stuff in the NYC thread. It does go along with January gradually getting better and solar flux is dropping.

That stuff has really been working out for him and HM in their long range forecasting. It makes sense, but I still don't dare mention it in any forecasts until I have a complete grasp. Definitely has me interested

Wednesday Night: A chance of freezing rain after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: Rain or freezing rain likely. The freezing rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Congrats to Pete on the freezing rain for Thursday....maybe enough to give MPMs daughter a delayed opening to school...again, congrats thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That stuff has really been working out for him and HM in their long range forecasting. It makes sense, but I still don't dare mention it in any forecasts until I have a complete grasp. Definitely has me interested

Yeah same here..I don't have a big grasp on some of that stuff...although the uptick in solar back in the fall had me a little concerned about a -NAO...but I never would have imagined the +NAO regime that we had.

Pattern change should begin 1/10-15. Between and then, since we're entering the bottom of climo in w few weeks, we'll probably have some chances. I liken this season to 1999-00. When it flips it will be furious. Hopefully it lasts longer than that year.

I'm thinking it's mostly changed for the better by then...ie it's not going to be a switch flipping like in past years. I really do have some hope for transitional events starting after about the 20th.

Archived