Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early December Pattern Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boing

LOL a very soft boing. Maybe the euro will have something.

It's a pipe dream..but this time looked ok for a "threat" several days ago so I marked it down as something..but heck even flurries would be a win...lol. Something around the time that HM mentioned too..but that could be warm as well.

Yeah I'm finally getting a little frustrated. It just seems like even when the pattern may spring some storm to life we just faceplant with fail.

I'm actually doing OK......what I suggest is my approach..... don't bother looking for signs of life because I know damn well that life does not exist on the planet 12\12-1\15ish.

I'm actually doing OK......what I suggest is my approach..... don't bother looking for signs of life because I know damn well that life does not exist on the planet 12\12-1\15ish.

If I wasn't going skiing 12/26-12/30 I wouldn't be as frustrated.

I guess one of the things is that we're just in a boring pattern. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Will can take his stats and shove 'em.....I do not like big October snows.

Sometimes anecdotal trumps science.

Don't worry just like you told me back in November when I was worried. You told me you were glad that pattern was happening then and not a month later in December. Ryan said the same thing. Noone was worried except me..Everyone said we'd be fine. So don't worry

The GEFS are less of a disaster and do try to get the amplitude of ridging up in NW Canada to try and deliver a couple of storms. A little more similar to what the 00z EC ensembles showed. We'll need every bit of ridging there..and hopefully the 12z EC ensembles continue it. I'd like to see some consistency of a better pattern for once. We've had enough consistency of a bad pattern.

Don't worry just like you told me back in November when I was worried. You told me you were glad that pattern was happening then and not a month later in December. Ryan said the same thing. Noone was worried except me..Everyone said we'd be fine. So don't worry

I still think the 2nd half will be good, but I would be lying is I said that my confidence was not taking a hit...how could it not....

The GEFS are less of a disaster and do try to get the amplitude of ridging up in NW Canada to try and deliver a couple of storms. A little more similar to what the 00z EC ensembles showed. We'll need every bit of ridging there..and hopefully the 12z EC ensembles continue it. I'd like to see some consistency of a better pattern for once. We've had enough consistency of a bad pattern.

Yeah not terrible.

My wife and I were going over the imminent bat mitzvah last night and adding up the costs as I got more and more aggravated. Finally, I just lost it. "It's costing a freaking fortune, I'll have to work forever, I'm tired and there's no snow in sight...ok!?"

Then just wait about 10 years and you get to do it all over again with the wedding. Start saving now. My sister got married in 2009....HOLY CRAP! I didn't think 8 hours could possibly cost so much.

Also...why wait till then. A college education costs about $200,000 these days. Maybe $250,000 in five years. Here's to hoping that Washington still provides some support for education by then. If not, GL!

You guys kill me, where is this weeks brutal torch? Euro looks seasonable, Christmas week has a legit threat. The day to day hand wringing is funny. If we are a month behind, so be it.

Oh come on, Steve...this pattern sucks dead rats.

Yea, lets take solace in the fact that we could not sustain a +7 month.rolleyes.gif

If I wasn't going skiing 12/26-12/30 I wouldn't be as frustrated.

I guess one of the things is that we're just in a boring pattern. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If you're going to VT, you'll be fine, trust me. 2-4" on the ground up here and it's IMPOSSIBLE in this gradient pattern to not have snow up here. Every stomr, it seems, sets the 540 line over the MA/VT border.

March blows and winter ends in Feb

Well you better deal with it, because December is probably gone except for a miracle. Think Feb and Mar will be decent. Not that is should matter, but I feel a little better about the next 7-14 days than I have in a long time. At least we may have a shot or two at some snow.

Archived