Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend storm - Grasping for straws

Ian

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ji's new thing is to reply inside the post he is replying to....makes it hard to see what he posted

yeah wtf

i'd like to see more support as well but the euro should be better than the gfs overall still. that said the gfs output sorta matches the pattern of recent so maybe. euro looks like the weeklies did at the start of the mo. see yoda's sig.

yeah wtf

i'd like to see more support as well but the euro should be better than the gfs overall still. that said the gfs output sorta matches the pattern of recent so maybe. euro looks like the weeklies did at the start of the mo. see yoda's sig.

Sounds like the Ukie and Canadian support the euro solution somewhat

How are the ensembles supposed to be used? I know that in years past when the op shows an inland track all of us weenies would show the ensembles being east and we would always get smacked down saying that the inland solution is the more believable. I'm really confused as to their purpose. If the op euro was showing a App runner but the ensembles were where they are now what would the discussion be? Also it seems to me that more often than not the next run of ensembles will look totally different or somewhat different so when that happens which one is more right the one that was just run or the previous run or is it the next run? Seriously what are we to look at.

How are the ensembles supposed to be used? I know that in years past when the op shows an inland track all of us weenies would show the ensembles being east and we would always get smacked down saying that the inland solution is the more believable. I'm really confused as to their purpose. If the op euro was showing a App runner but the ensembles were where they are now what would the discussion be? Also it seems to me that more often than not the next run of ensembles will look totally different or somewhat different so when that happens which one is more right the one that was just run or the previous run or is it the next run? Seriously what are we to look at.

BASICALLY

If OP shows HECS/MECS but ensembles shows out to sea--use ensembles

IF OPS shows inland runner but ensembles are east or coastal-use the OP

This event won't work...

1) Strong La Nina

2) GFS SE Bias

3) Euro North Central Bias

4) Dead STJ

5) Strong December sun angle

6) Warm ground temps

7) Non-existant boundary layer temps

8) It doesn't snow in the tropics

9) It's PTB's turn

10) Tropical forcing is unfavorable

11) My soil is parched

next.

gfs just hopped on board. Im officially going to track despite all of the factors undermining the possibility of a mecs actually happening (stated in the above post)...

but we do have a strong -ao/-nao combo which may just give us a break moreso than this system seeing that we actually have a decent blocking pattern set up.

Everything makes sense except the strong december sun angle. It doesnt get any weaker.:unsure:

This event won't work...

1) Strong La Nina

2) GFS SE Bias

3) Euro North Central Bias

4) Dead STJ

5) Strong December sun angle

6) Warm ground temps

7) Non-existant boundary layer temps

8) It doesn't snow in the tropics

9) It's PTB's turn

10) Tropical forcing is unfavorable

11) My soil is parched