Newest Member
    amirah5
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much, Will?

They probably give you 4-8" or something...its hard to do a "mean" on the SREF because of the different spreads and which runs have more qpf and which are colder but perhaps less qpf. The probs will tell us a bit more when they come out in a bit on ewall.

I think that is a decent first call Sam...southern Greens is probably the best spot right now in terms of anyone seeing 4"+.

Thanks Will. There could definitely be higher totals in SNE, if things play out right. There could also be nothing. It's conveniently probably the most uncertain area :lol:

Thanks Will. There could definitely be higher totals in SNE, if things play out right. There could also be nothing. It's conveniently probably the most uncertain area :lol:

I'd def play it conservative here for now. There's too much that can go wrong that prevents us from seeing much more than 1-3". I agree that if it goes perfect we could have an elevation 3-6"er here or so.

The SREF looks like a scenario where this part of the Ct Valley sees a coating of snow but just a few hundred feet higher (600'+) actually gets 1-3".

It seems reasonable that pre-dawn friday snowing imby w/ a coating but walking a mile up the road (300' el. gain) with the dog and seeing everything plastered.

Need some 30+dbz rates otherwise I can see being shadowed out of the heavier precip and just watching mangled flakes.

Keeping expectations in check but Will's possible 1-3" seems reasonable. I just want to run naked screaming in the first flakes of the season. This is gonna be a big season here.

ya think?lol They have made me the monster I am.

[/b]

Been keeping the buzz going all summer Ginx, I'll wear the lampshade first. Parrrrrtaaaaaayyy!!!!

The second storm is intriguing. Cranky tonight, heard something pop in my surgically repaired shoulder moving a couch. Think we will be busy arranging parties again. Those late arrivals are always welcome. Looks like we have our first costume party ever. Let's see if I can guess some. Those who should get substantial snow are listed

SnowNH- hot dog with mustard

HubbDave- easy. Hunchback of Notre Dame

Powdahfreak- The Ecola Yoddler dude

Wxwatcher- Sam I Am

Dendrite- Grinch

WxgeneNH- The Old Man of the Mountain

EEK- a Palm Tree

Dryslut- a biker chick

Mainejayhawk- Eric the Red

Mekster- Happy Gilmore

SkiMrg - Freddie Kreuger

Will- Josh Beckett, beer in glove, KFC in the other hand

The rest of us are left with envy

The second storm is intriguing. Cranky tonight, heard something pop in my surgically repaired shoulder moving a couch. Think we will busy arranging parties again. Those late arrivals are always welcome. Looks like we have our first costume party ever. Let's see if I can guess some. Those who should get substantial snow are listed

SnowNH- hot dog with mustard

HubbDave- easy. Hunchback of Notre Dame

Powdahfreak- The Ecola Yoddler dude

Wxwatcher- Sam I Am

Dendrite- Grinch

WxgeneNH- The Old Man of the Mountain

EEK- a Palm Tree

Dryslut- a biker chick

Mainejayhawk- Eric the Red

Mekster- Happy Gilmore

SkiMrg - Freddie Kreuger

Will- Josh Beckett, beer in glove, KFC in the other hand

The rest of us are left with envy

I'm rooting for some to get snow. Lets make this interesting...so tired of the pattern as of late.

Those aren't too bad at all. I'd like to be Pete right now. I think if I had to pick one spot for 3"+, it would be there. Maybe near socks as well.

I honestly think its MPM who is probably the most concerned (about QPF, haha) but in the best spot there at 1K on the VT/MA border. I'd give him the nudge over Nate but Rindge and Pete have another 300-400ft on MPM. Hmmmm...

I honestly think its MPM who is probably the most concerned (about QPF, haha) but in the best spot there at 1K on the VT/MA border. I'd give him the nudge over Nate but Rindge and Pete have another 300-400ft on MPM. Hmmmm...

Rindge has both latitude and elevation on MPM...he loses a slight bit on longititude, but I don't think that will make up for the other two. They could be close. It might just come down to who gets luckier on a little mesoband of heavier precip which always helps in October.

Those aren't too bad at all. I'd like to be Pete right now. I think if I had to pick one spot for 3"+, it would be there. Maybe near socks as well.

SW NH Seems like even a better bet than Pete for this system the way it looks right now. Looks to me like the Monads have the best shot at heavy precip and cold enough temps aloft.

Archived