12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure 3X right there, that's tough to get Mid Jan around here , oops forgot about last year already. My party is a lonely affair without funk master Jerry.

I'm on board with you, Ginx. Another La Epic, perhaps extended into March (here) April up north....this early storm train is just impressive.....

:snowman:

At least we have something to watch/track/ have dangerous mood swings over

The option is to vacillate endlessly over minute changes is overnight low temps

And leaves

Here's what I'd set my expectations at for this time frame...well aware of the date:

Coastal plain MA/RI/CT: First flakes of the season as the storm ends...maybe the further north CP like near Ray a coating? But first flakes are a good start.

Interior hills from pike southward: Flakes pretty likely, maybe even some small accumulations?

Interior hills from SW NH to N ORH county to GC to Litchfield county: Getting the ground white...a realistic shot at 1-3"?

I wouldn't be thinking anything like 4"+ for anyone yet or you are basically trying to set yourself for disappointment. There's a reason advisory or greater snow is a once in 20 year type event even in the high hills in October. An inch or two happens a few times per decade, but the 4"+ amounts are decidedly rare.

I'd probably feel the best in the Monadnocks over to southern Greens and Taconics at this point.

Here's what I'd set my expectations at for this time frame...well aware of the date:

Coastal plain MA/RI/CT: First flakes of the season as the storm ends...maybe the further north CP like near Ray a coating? But first flakes are a good start.

Interior hills from pike southward: Flakes pretty likely, maybe even some small accumulations?

Interior hills from SW NH to N ORH county to GC to Litchfield county: Getting the ground white...a realistic shot at 1-3"?

I wouldn't be thinking anything like 4"+ for anyone yet or you are basically trying to set yourself for disappointment. There's a reason advisory or greater snow is a once in 20 year type event even in the high hills in October. An inch or two happens a few times per decade, but the 4"+ amounts are decidedly rare.

I'd probably feel the best in the Monadnocks over to southern Greens and Taconics at this point.

Thanks Will... Do you have any thoughts on the second storm? or too early?

Thanks Will... Do you have any thoughts on the second storm? or too early?

Too early, that thing could be 200 miles offshore for all we know right now. There's obviously a chance it could have a big impact up for New England, but there is no way to really go into any useful detail about that system given its 120-132 hours out.

See I'd now rather see an absolute bomb for storm 2. At least it would be cold enough for pretty much everyone to start as snow if it did end up tracking too far inland. I want the biggie over the over-running event.

Good for you bad for here, Although i would lock the 12Z Euro if i could right now... :snowman:

That's a good summation and agreed. I'm just hoping to see some flakes.

At least we have something to watch/track/ have dangerous mood swings over

The option is to vacillate endlessly over minute changes is overnight low temps

And leaves

Bruchard going balls to the wall with his call. This map is just absolutely crazy to throw out day 3 on t.v...hype baby hype!

special-560x389.jpg?10241850

WHDH 7NEWS NBC Boston Complete Local Weather & Stormforce Coverage.htm

Too early, that thing could be 200 miles offshore for all we know right now. There's obviously a chance it could have a big impact up for New England, but there is no way to really go into any useful detail about that system given its 120-132 hours out.

Rina is projected to take a wicked nne turn soon. NHC has her going along the eastern Yuc as she turns. LEK has her turning sooner and going over Cuba. I would imagine what she does has a big impact on Storn 2 no?

Will and I had some thoughts about how this will play out. It will be interesting to see if we can get the moisture well into the poleward side of the front. These anafrontal type deals with a low developing along it can have more of an angled frontal slope and that s/w moving into the area is allowing the mid level frontogenesis to take that gradient and squeeze it pretty far into the colder air. Of course if the GFS has a say or the wave gets completely crushed than forget it, but I'm just as interested as anyone to see how it plays out..even if I miss out on any flakes.

Yeah he downplayed that like crazy.

His 6pm broadcast tonight was just hotdog.gif after hotdog.gif. Oh man.

For the first snowfall of the season, thats to be expected. Probably good for ratings too. I wonder if the producer came down and was like "beef up that map a bit"

Could be a very interesting 4-6 days for you especially.

Keeping expectations in check but Will's possible 1-3" seems reasonable. I just want to run naked screaming in the first flakes of the season. This is gonna be a big season here.

dude you are spending WAaaY too much time over there lol

ya think?lol They have made me the monster I am.

Pure 3X right there, that's tough to get Mid Jan around here , oops forgot about last year already. My party is a lonely affair without funk master Jerry.

Been keeping the buzz going all summer Ginx, I'll wear the lampshade first. Parrrrrtaaaaaayyy!!!!

For the first snowfall of the season, thats to be expected. Probably good for ratings too. I wonder if the producer came down and was like "beef up that map a bit"

lol probably. This is what gets mets bad names though...but that's another thread for another day. I'm not trying to bash him either though as he's a good met generally. Just he went a little over zealous tonight imo. I hope he's right though.

lol probably. This is what gets mets bad names though...but that's another thread for another day. I'm not trying to bash him either though as he's a good met generally. Just he went a little over zealous tonight imo. I hope he's right though.

I don't really watch TV/News Weather forecasts. There's really no point if I read what mets post here. I mean, are the TV mets going to tell me anything different than like Scott or Will? If anything the tv mets are more conservative and are crappy to watch.

I don't really watch TV/News Weather forecasts. There's really no point if I read what mets post here. I mean, are the TV mets going to tell me anything different than like Scott or Will? If anything the tv mets are more conservative and are crappy to watch.

I don't watch either...I just looked online at what they had mainly so I know what people are expecting when I go to school tomorrow haha. I agree 100% that following this forum will get me all the information that I need and more.

Archived